Chapter 36

Bennet's POV:

Kicking off the formal attire, we decided to jump into a pair of hoodies and sweatpants to create our own perfect date, away from the sumptuous cutlery and disruptive waitresses. Just the two of us spending quality time together in God's presence.

We grabbed all the chairs we could find in the house and made a big fortress and filled it with huge fluffy pillows. We spread a soft red velvet blanket on the floor and headed to the kitchen for cooking.

Hours after running around and throwing flour everywhere we took the Apple Spring Rolls and Chicken Corn Sandwiches and devoured them inside the tent whilst playing UNO and Bible Trivia. Now we're finding out who knows the other better with a game of Couples Question and Answer, Christian edition.

"Who's my favourite female in the Bible."

Asked Elisha, placing her clipboard on the blanket spread across the marble floor.

"That's easy...Queen Esther."

I answered without hesitation.

"Correct."

It was my turn to ask a question.

"Which is my favourite verse in the Bible.?"

"Jeremiah 29:11"

She quickly answered.

"And for a bonus point, recite it."

"For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

"Dang it! You got it correct."

I banged the board and gave her two points. We were now evenly tied.

She did her little victory shuffle which I found so weird but adorable at the same time.

"Ok my turn. What is my favourite food."

She asked.

"Pizza."

"That is... correct."

"I sometimes wonder whether you would pick pizza over me because of the amount of love you have for it."

"I would eventually pick you but after hours of deliberating and thinking."

She explained.

I shook my head in disapproval. This girl was definitely one of a kind.

"Now, for the final answer..."

I proclaimed sitting upright and adjusting my hoodies.

"The question is; what am I most scared of ?"

"I depends thought. Is it like a situational fear or a general fear."

"I'm not gonna give you that clue."

"That's unfair!"

She whined.

"In life, you have to make ends meet."

"Ok, I'm going to say worms because I know they freak you out."

"That is a good answer but it wasn't what I was thinking of."

"Were you thinking of God saying," depart from me, for I never knew you" on Judgement day."

"Yes."

"I was going to say that you know."

"But you didn't ."

"Bear do you love me?"

She pouted.

"Yes, what kind of question is that?"

"Then if you love me, you will give me that point and the game will end as a draw. Everyone goes to bed happy."

I threw a rose petal which hit her small button nose and made it scrunched.

"You need to learn that in life you win some and you lose some, it's called the circle of life. In this case you lost to your very handsome, multitalented boyfriend, Bennet Choi."

I boasted, sounding like a professor talking about all his qualifications.

"I would say he's average looking."

She said in a sassy tone, folding her arms and looking away.

"You said what?"

"I said you're average looking, a 4.5 if I had to rate."

"You take that back right now."

"What if I don't want to?"

"I'm giving you three seconds to take it back or..."

"Or what? Your going to chase me with your chicken legs."

"Did you just make fun of my legs."

"Hello everybody I'm Bennet the chicken."

She stood up and mimicked a chicken. Making a mockery of me.

"That's it!"

I leaped onto her as a leopard does to its prey. She wiggled and laughed uncontrollably as I tickled her belly making her shake crazily and kick the air. I was so into the moment that I didn't see her lick her index finger and gave me a wet willy.

"Disgusting."

I yelled.

Letting her escape and run out of the house to the backyard.

"You can run but you can't hide!"

I  bolted behind her.

"Its raining!"

She yelled running around like a little kid and allowing the raindrops to touch her makeup free face.

"Let's head back inside. You might catch a cold."

"Come dance with me."

"No it raining and we might catch a cold."

"Please Bear. We haven't had our first couples dance. What is a date without a dance."

"Fine."

I gave in and waddled over to her.

She put her arms around my neck and stood on her toes to meet my height. I slowly moved my arms to the centre of her back away from the lower part. I know she is my girlfriend but I want our relationship to stay pure, sanctified and with no sexual immorality. I want us to only have excessive physical touch when we're at least married.

"I wish I could have realised I loved you sooner."

She whispered into my chest. Breathing in my cologne.

My heart soaked in every word that came out of her mouth. I looked up at the sky and prayed to God to keep us together through all the obstacles life will throws at us, and bless our future together.

"Amen."

I mumbled, opening my eyes.

***************************
Hello beautiful people

I just love how good of a boyfriend Bennet is and how much respect and love he has for Elisha. The fact that he's trying to flee from sexual temptation before it even awakens shows how dedicated he is to God's word and his relationship.

I believe that there are still guys like Bennet in this world who love God and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. God wants to pair us with these type of men but the problem is that we lack patience and have no trust in God's timing. That's why we enter relationships that don't last. That's why we enter relationships and lose ourselves and our connection with God. Because instead on waiting for God to give you something freely, we go out of our way to seek it and end up getting something that was not meant for us in the beginning.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT.

STAY HEALTHY BLESSED AND LOVED

◖⚆ᴥ⚆◗