Chapter 39

Elisha's POV

"I asked you this and I shall ask you again. What are you to my son?"

Roared Mr Choi who threw a stack of pictures of Ben and I together on the table.

There were pictures of us at the beach when he first asked me to be his girlfriend, when we went to visit my family and our first date.

"We are dating sir."

I flinched from fear.

"So you lied to me."

"N-no sir, the d-day you asked me that question, we weren't a c-couple yet."

I stuttered uncontrollably as I watched him lean closer to me.

"I know what kind of girl you are and I don't like it."

His cold eyes drilled into mine.

"So let's get down to business. How much do you want?"

"Excuse me?"

I questioned confused by his question.

"How much money will it take for you to leave my son alone?"

"Sir I will never leave Bennet for money."

"What about one million US dollars?"

He opened up a briefcase with bulk of  money stacked together.

"No!"

I shook my head.

"Let's take it up a notch and say three million US dollars."

Obiri dropped two more briefcases.

"I. Said. I. Don't. Want. It."

I said between my teeth making my voice sound more assertive.

"A little firecracker aren't you, huh? You remind a lot of your mother, Asenath is her name right?"

He whipped out a picture of him and my mother together at the countryside.

"She seems like a nice, well-put together lady. But I'm sure she has some fire hidden inside of her somewhere."

"What did you do to her?"

I snatched the photo out of his hand.

"Nothing yet. But I'll probably do something about that ranch of hers."

"Don't you dare involved her into this."

"I won't, if just take the money and leave."

I had finally reached my breaking point and all my sanity left. Mess with me , it's fine, I won't really entertain it. But once you mess with my mother then we have a serious problem.

"Listen here Mr Wong!"  I jumped up and grabbed the collar of his shirt, "I don't know who you think you are but you're definitely not it. I will never leave Bennet, like it or not. So you can take your dirty money and shove it up your booty hole because I'm certainly not taking it."

I returned the same cold glare he gave me earlier but with more intensity. If he thought I was going to be dictated by him, he was in for a treat.

"You know what, let me not bother myself anymore because Bennet will leave you anyways."

He gripped my arm and yanked it off him.

"He's done it to so many girls. What makes you so different?"

"Because he truly loves me" I answered back confidently. "And I love him too."

"Love you say."

He chuckled at me, wiping a fake tear of laughter.

"Let's see where this dignity of yours takes you."

"Its not dignity, it's faith."

"Are you challenging me sweetheart ," he bent his knees to be on my height. "Because I never lose a challenge. And I won't start now, to a nobody like you."

"And let me fill you on something as well Mr Choi. My God has never lost a fight too. And he definitely won't start now."

"Let the battle commence."

He announced, grabbing the briefcases and headed to the door.

"I advise you to look up Hana Wong in you spare time. Such a lovely girl, she is , I'm sure Bennet will fall head over heels for her."

And with that he slammed the door behind him with an evil smirk plastered all over his wicked face.

***************************
Ello beautiful people ✝️💕

I hope you're all doing fine today.

HOPEFULLY, YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT.

PLEASE PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED.

DON'T FORGET TO PRAY AND TALK TO THE ALMIGHTY.

(☞゚∀゚)☞