Chapter 50

Elisha's POV:

6 years later

I looked at the scoreboard which counted down the last 25 seconds of the game.

"Run Bennet Run!"

Screamed Mr Choi standing beside me, wearing his signature white shirt with Bennett's face on the back.

"And touch down!"

The commentators announced as Ben threw the ball which landed in Harry Stilli's hands for a touchdown. The stadium erupted into noise as the fans rejoiced at winning the NFL.

"Let's Go Bear!"

I yelled as I watched him lift his hands to praise the Lord before doing his iconic dance with his teammate and best friend Harry Stalli.

"That's my son." Nodded Mr Choi who proudly boasted.

Six years of chaos, laughs and tears have gone by for us to be in this moment. To say everything was a smooth ride would be an absolute lie. Being the girlfriend of a young and very talented sport star is very stressful especially in this cruel and evil world where people can change overnight because of money and fame.

One thing that I feared the most was Bennet leaving me for someone more beautiful who was just after his money. My mind kept putting intrusive thoughts that would cause us to constantly disagree or argue. It got so intense that one day we decided to take a break from each other and see how life would be if we weren't together but by the grace of God we realised that we loved and needed each other.

"You've made him such a great man."

Mr Choi turned to me whilst clapping his hands to cheer for his son.

"I'm honestly blessed to have him in my life too." I admitted.  "I don't know how my life would have turned out without him."

"I just want to say we're grateful for having you in our lives."  Mr Choi smiled "Even though I insulted and was rude to you, you continued to stay with Bennett and fight. And even though Bennet wasn't the ideal boyfriend at first, I'm glad you gave him a chance because I don't know if  I would have had such a great relationship with him or known Jesus Christ."

His voice became vulnerable at the end as he looked at his tatoo written John 3:16.

"It sure is windy here, isn't it."

He lied, looking at the opposite direction to hide the tear he was wiping away. I smiled seeing this side of him.

"Please don't cry because I'll end up in tears."

I whined, extending my hand for him to hold.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is your a blessing from Heaven and I'm glad to call you my daughter."

He pulled out a cute pink and red box with a white ribbon at the top.

"Open it when you get home."

He instructed, patting the box with a smile on his face.

My face beamed with excitement as I couldn't wait to see what was inside.

"Excuse me ladies and gentlemen! May I please have your attention.'

A sweaty Bennet suddenly appeared with a mic in his hands. He was standing on a  podium covered in roses which spelt my name. His whole body was covered in mud and dirt as if he had come back from war and his teammates stood behind him with roses and a painting of Bennett and I on our first date, dancing in the rain.

***************************
GOOD DAY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ✝️

I hope you've been very well and God has been by your side these past few weeks and months.

I firstly want to say sorry for not publishing any chapters these past weeks, it's just that I've been really busy with school and life in general. Anyways, thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it.

Stay tuned for the next and final chapter for the story.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE AND CONTINUE BEING BLESSED, LOVED AND POSITIVE

🎉🎉🎉🎉