Chapter 47

Elisha's POV

Standing in the pouring rain my body shivered from the cold as I tried brushing my arms with my ice cold hands to generate some sort of heat. My lips quivered as I could feel my body becoming weak. I could see Bennet pacing up and down his room, telling me to leave but I refused. I was on a mission and that was to talk to Mr Choi.

I didn't care how much my body was giving up on me I had to talk to him. And even though I was in pain and coughing my lungs out, I could feel God pouring his strength onto me from Heaven and telling me not to give up.

"Hey you girl, leave my house this instant!"

An angry Mr Choi walked down the driveway, to the gate.

"No! not without having a word with you."

I yelled back.

"As you can see I'm a busy man. I doubt I have time for peasants like you."

"Then I guess I'll be sleeping here tonight."

I walked closer to the gate and gripped onto the steel bars.

"You'll die of hypothermia!"

He exclaimed.

"I don't care! The only thing I need is to speak to you."

"What do you want."

"Mr Choi with all due respect I don't approve with what you're doing."

"Okay and so what?"

He lifted his chin and focused his unblinking eyes on me.

"Being out here has given me some time to think and I know you don't hate Ben, matter of fact you love him with all your heart." His face softened for the first time then went back to its normal cold expression. "You want Bennet to have a good future that maybe you never got to have. You want Bennet to be happy but you keep dictating the meaning of happiness for him."

"Please get to the point young lady."

He muttered impatiently.

"Have you ever sat down with Bennett and asked him what truly makes him happy. Have you ever taken your time to ask him how he really feels and where his head is. Have you ever asked him what he aspires to be."

I could see I had tugged a string in his heart because of the way his face was plastered with guilt.

"If you dont know Bennet dreams of becoming a pro football player. He dreams of retiring at the age of 40 and starting his own football club for boys who don't come from fortunate homes. He wants a big family which is centred around Jesus Christ." I proclaimed confidently, " And last but not least he wants to be happy and receive your love."

Looking up, I caught sight of an anxious Ben watching everything from his window and trying to figure out what we're talking about.

"That's all he wants." I continued, "Not the Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Roll Royce. Not the custom made clothing. Not the billion dollar worth business and luxurious hotels. Just a simple life with a happy ending."

"Is that all."

Mr Choi had an emotionless expression on his face which acted like a barrier to conceal his feelings.

"Yes."

I nodded my head, feeling a glimpse of hope for his and Ben's relationship.

"Then," he cover his mouth with his hand and cleared his throat, "I guess you may leave."

I looked at him puzzled.

"Excuse me?"

I asked taken aback by his command.

"You said you wanted to talk to me and since we're done, you may now leave."

His eyes drilled into mine as that sweet and soft side of him had vanished.

Without causing anymore chaos I looked up and Bennet's window and I could see confusion and fear written on his face. Taking the last glimpse at him I blew a kiss and walked away. I had done my part and everything else now was in God's hands.

*************************
Hello beautiful people.

FIRST OFF, I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR NOT PUBLISHING ANY CHAPTERS FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. ITS JUST THAT SCHOOL HAS STARTED AND WE HAVE A HANDFUL OF PROJECTS AND ASSIGNMENTS.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND PLEASE VOTE.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️