Chapter 41

Bennet's POV

"Bennet, I would like to officially introduce you to your future fiance, Hana Wong."

My father pointed to the now familiar lady standing next to me.

"I don't think that will be necessary, I've seen her already."

I stated, wanting to leave the office, immediately.

"A beautiful young lady, isn't she?"

"Outer beauty isn't that important. The only thing that matters is what's inside the person and their morals. Anyway, I'm sure you didn't call us here to speak about beauty, so please get to the point."

He raised his eyebrows and gave a smirk, after signing a piece of paper.

"Business minded huh, just like your father."

He chuckled. But sadly earning no laugh from me.

"Tonight we'll be having a family dinner." He announce, stacking a pile of files together. "Mr and Mrs Wong will be here to discuss your engagement arrangements."

"There won't be a need for that because we're not getting engaged." I opposed. "I have set my eyes on no other woman but Elisha."

He stood up from his chair and slammed his veiny hands on the desk.

"If you mention her name one more time. There will be consequences."

"I love her and I'm going to marry her. There's nothing you can do about it."

"There is a lot I can do about it, but I just choose not to."

He threatened. Giving me his signature cold stare that didn't put fear in me anymore.

"We'll see where that gets you."

I could see the fire from eyes as I refused to do what he said. That's one thing about my father, he hated hearing the word no and not getting what he wanted.

"Listen here young man." He leaned closer. "I am your father, the only person in this world who has your best interests. I am the only person who truly loves you."

"Then why are you treating me like this, but you say you love me."

"Because you're still young Bennett. You don't know how cruel this world can be. The only way to be respected is to have power. And that's what I'm giving to you."

"That is not what I want."

I yelled.

"It's what you need."

He slammed a whiskey bottle against the wall, out of rage. Hana stood like a statue, flinching as the glass flew across the room.

"Sorry Ms Wong, my emotions just got the better of me."

He apologized, adjusting his suit and tie.

"No problem sir."

She whispered softly.

"Now listen here." He began again. " You will both get dressed because the guests will be here in a couple of minutes. The private chef is probably close by so please be on your best behaviour."

He turned to me as if I was the problem.

"You may now leave."

He pointed towards the door.

"With pleasure."

I answered back. Slamming it behind me and taking deep breaths to calm my anger down. I sunk down against the wall as my knees weakened.

"So her name is Elisha, huh?"

Hana asked sitting beside me .

"Yes it is."

I answered with my eyes closed.

"Can I see a picture of you two together?"

I took out my phone and showed her a picture of us on our first date. When we were in our fort, playing card games and being our weird selves

"Wow. She's beautiful."

She gasped, covering her mouth from shock.

"I know."

The corner of my mouth curved up into a grin.

"How did you guys meet?"

"We were partners for a project and gradually developed feelings for each other as we shared our stories and walks of life."

"What makes her so special?"

She asked in a tone full of animosity but I knew it wasn't intentional. After a few hours of knowing Hana I had discovered that she could say something kind but the way she delivered it will sound rude.

"She's the only person on earth that I've met, that gets me. Not the football captain, son of Yaoyang Choi, Bennet. But the God fearing, goofy and weird Bennet who has been through so much in life and just wants to be loved for who he is."

"Aren't you scared that she's probably after your money?"

There was that question that I hated the most. Whenever a person from a wealthy family found love with a another person, not from the same social background, people would assume that they are being used for their money. Why is it so hard to just let people be happy and not judge them based on a social hierarchy.

"If she was after my money, she would have shown her true colours a while ago, like all the other girls."

I said bluntly.

"Jeez, you really do love her, don't you?"

She looked straight at the grey wall in front, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Love is the most important thing to me. I would rather stay in a one room house, live on one meal a day and feel loved than to stay in a mansion alone with no one who truly loves me."

I turned to her and continued.

"We all have the same fate at the end of the day and that is death. All the treasure that you've stored on this earth will be distributed among people or eaten by termites."

Although she wasn't giving me eye contact, I knew that she was soaking in everything I was saying.

"Do you want to be known as a rich, selfish and greedy person who lacked integrity or do you want to be remembered as a joyful, lovable, selfless and kind-hearted person who stood up for what they believe in even though people were against them."

She stayed silent, not uttering a single word until she got the courage to look at me again.

"So you're willing to go against your family for a girl?"

She questioned.

"No, I'm just willing to fight for what I believe in. Even though other people may be against it or not see the use, I will continue to fight."

*************************
Hello beautiful people 💕✝️

I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR MORNING, DAY OR NIGHT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING SOME TIME TO READ MY STORY, IT REALLY DOES MEAN A LOT.

PLEASE PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

( ˘ ³˘)♥