Chapter 38

Bennet's POV

Trying to catch my unsteady breath, I punched in the security password of the gate and walked inside the yard, returning from my morning run.

Jogging up the steep driveway I noticed something weird about the house. The windows were opened and the front door was left ajar. I swear I had locked it before I left. Someone was inside and I had to find out who.

"Is anybody there?" I asked walking in.

"Come out and revealed yourself before I call the cops."

A sizzling sound was coming from the kitchen, followed by the banging of pots and pans. I was so puzzled as to why the person would go to the kitchen instead of the bedrooms which had plenty of valuable goods.

"Hey you, what are you doing here."

I asked the female intruder who had her back towards me.

"I'm cooking can't you see."

"In my house."

"Correction, in Mr Choi Yaoyang's house."

She sassed back, as if it was normal to find a stranger cooking in your kitchen and claiming to know your father.

"Who are you anyways?"

She turned around and flicked her long, silky brunette hair to the other side.

"I'm Hana Wong, daughter of Mr Wong ."

She announced confidently.

Her name sounded very familiar. I'm sure I had heard it before but where?

"Who let you in here?"

I went back to detective mode.

"Your father flew me in Washington and gave me an extra set of keys since I'll be living with you for a few months."

"Months?"

"Yeah, because we'll be getting engaged."

"Engaged!"

My eyes widened at the word.

"Our parents planned for us to spend some quality time together to get to know each other before they publically announce our engagement."

"There will be no getting to know each other because we won't be getting married."

I refused.

"Do you think I want to marry you? I was equally forced into doing this as much as you were."

"Then why are you not against this marriage thing."

"Because I don't have a choice. Whatever my parents say goes. No if, and nor buts."

"So you are willing to block all your dreams just to please them?"

She raised her russet eyes from the pan to me. He eyes gave a cold and heartless feeling. I knew I had struck a nerve.

"Listen here pretty boy." She dropped the spatula and walked towards me.

"I am not like you okay. The world is not my oyster and I don't get everything I want. The day my father gave up on having a son was the day I lost all my freedom."

"First of all, the world isn't mine, it belongs to the Almighty God. Secondly, don't act as if you know me because you don't. And last but not least I have a girlfriend whom I love dearly. I will never marry you."

"Let's see what you'll be saying when your father gets here."

She scoffed, getting back to her cooking.

"Where is he anyway."

"He said he had to take care of a little problem but he'll be back soon."

"Typical."

I said under my breath, getting a bottle of water from the refrigerator.

"Your favourite colour is green right? Emerald to be exact."

She asked out of the blue.

"How did you know?"

"My parents gave me book when I was 16, filled with information about you, from your favourite colour, food, hobbies and everything a wife needs to know."

I cringed as she said the word wife.

"Like it or not we were destined to get married. You father always came to visit my father and they would spend so many hours talking. One day I was called in and told that I was going to marry you. It was either you or Toby Renalds?"

"Why didn't you pick him?"

"He's a bigger snob than you."

I really wanted to reply to her remark but something told me to shut my mouth. It was not worth the energy not time.

"Whats your favourite thing to do in your spare time?"

She threw in another question.

There she goes, throwing another question again. I know I'm a talkative person but I have my limits and she was now crossing those limits. I just wanted to go somewhere away from her with just my thoughts and God.

"Reading the Bible. And that's what I'll be doing in my room."

"Tell me something about your girlfriend?"

She went on again.

"I am her boyfriend. Now if you need me I'll be in my room."

"Do you want some pancakes?"

"No, I had a smoothie before I left."

I grabbed my bottle off the kitchen counter and walked out the room.

"I wonder how everyone survives around you with your cold attitude."

She mocked but I chose to ignore her. The only thing on my mind was to tell Elisha everything that's going on. It wasn't going to be easy but it was the right thing to do.

**************************

Hello beautiful people ✝️

What do y'all think about Miss Hana Wong.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT.

PLEASE PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND POSITIVE

(☞゚∀゚)☞