Chapter 27

Elisha's POV:

The loud ringtone of my phone woke me up from my peaceful sleep. I groaned as I hated being woken up in the middle of the night. Reaching out my hand I grabbed my cellphone which was laying face flat on my nightstand. Half awoke I checked the ID caller, it was Ben. With my eyes shut I pressed answer and placed the phone on my ear.

"Hello Elisha."

"Bear why are you calling me this late."

I cut down to the chase.

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you and everything is going to be fine, okay."

I sat up in my bed. The exhaustion drained out of me and now I was filled with worry.

"What do you mean by everything is going to be fine."

I questioned

"Just know that the best days I've spent on Earth were with you. Thank you so much for bringing me to God again.I wish we could have spent more time together and been something more than friends. I wish I had more time to memories your facial expressions, your laugh when you think something is funny and the bad habits you wish you could break..."

He kept taking in deep breaths and voice sounded like he was in pain. Something was not right and I could feel it in my heart.

"Bear you're scaring me...Bear!"

"Earlier today I promised you one thing, so can you do the same."

"What is it?"

"Don't ever compromise your happiness. Forget about me and focus on yourself. God puts people in your life for a short amount of time to teach you life lessons. I'm honoured to be one of those people who got to spend quality time with you."

I could hear the sound of sirens in the background and voices of people. Bennett was in trouble.

"Go back to sleep. Everything will be okay."

He said before moving the phone off his ear.

"BENNETT...BEAR..BEN. CAN YOU HEAR ME."

I was greeted by a deafening silence. All I could hear were people shouting and yelling commands at each other.

"He's stuck in the car. Someone bring the jaws of life."

I heard a male voice shout.

"Hello ma'am, I'm paramedic Sarah Brown. Are you related to the owner of this phone."

"No, he's just a friend why?"

"Ma'am sorry to inform you but you're friend was involved in a terrible car accident and he isn't looking too good."

My heart dropped to the floor as she said those words.

"What happened?"

"We don't know all the details ma'am but he had a collision with a truck. We're taking him to Red Cross Hospital as we speak."

"Please keep him alive."

I begged, jumping out of bed.

"We'll try everything we have ma'am but he is in very bad condition."

"Give him the phone please."

"Ma'am he is in very critical condition I doubt he has the energy to speak."

"PLEASE GIVE HIM THE PHONE!!"

I had this painful lump in my throat from holding in the pain and tears threatening to come out. The paramedic handed him the phone after he refused twice to take it.

"Elisha I'm going to be alright, you don't have to worry. I'm going to a better place."

"What about me huh...what will I do once you leave me."

"Elisha..."

"No no no I get it. You'll be happy, you'll be fine but what about me. So if you don't have any fight then fight for me."

"Listen Elisha..."

"Please Bennet please, don't leave me here. Please continue to fight because if you die..."

I couldn't get myself to finish the sentence.

"You have to fight Bear because if you die I will never forgive you."

"You won't forgive me because I died."

"I won't forgive you for me making me fall in love with you."

I remarked.

"Please remove the phone from my ear."

"Bennet don't you dare hang up on me."

"Good night Elisha."

"BENNETT!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs. I threw the phone against the wall and smashed the night lamp on the ground. Sinking to the ground I buried my face between my legs I balled my eyes out. My heart shattered into a billion pieces that can never be glued back together. I had possibly lost the love of my life.

"I Love you Ben... please don't leave me."

I cried out aloud. Staring at the journal he gave me, all the memories we shared together slowly replayed in my head like in the cinema. I looked at the chunks of glass laying around the room. Leaning towards a big piece I grabbed it and placed it on my wrist. Maybe the pain of cutting myself would overpower the heartache I was feeling.

"Elisha what happened?"

Brielle ran in my room with her nightgown on. She viewed me and yanked the piece of glass out of my hand.

"He's gonna leave me all alone... Bennet is leaving me me forever Brie."

I weeped.

"What happened?"

"He had a car accident. They're taking him to Red Cross Hospital as we speak."

"So why are you here huh...you should be by his side, giving him strength to fight for his life. Get dressed we're going to Ben."

I stood up from the ground and looked at the mess I had caused. There was glass dispersed everywhere. Running to my closet I took the nearest clothes and ran to the love of my life, Bennet Lorenzo Choi.

*************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING IT. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT BECAUSE IT MOTIVATES ME TO CONTINUE WRITING.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM AND COMMENT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN NEXT.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED, POSITIVE AND LOVED.

ʕ ꈍᴥꈍʔ