Chapter 51

Bennet's POV.

My heart was beating a thousand times per second as all eyes were glued on me. I took out a letter from my pocket which I had written but threw it on the floor and decided to speak from the heart.

"There is something I would like to say today to a very special lady."

Everyone cheered as if they already knew what the news were.

"Growing up I was always the cool kid who seemed to have everything they wanted in life; sport cars, a luxurious house, expensive clothes and a hot girlfriend. I felt like the king of the world and no one could stop me."

The stadium got so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. At some point I swear people forgot to breath.

"But that all changed when I lost my mom, the nearest thing to my heart. Her death really pushed me into a dark and lonely place where I had nothing to live for. Yes I seemed okay on the outside but in the inside, I was crying and begging for help. Pleading for someone to bring me back to life. Pleading for someone to take away this gun I was holding on my head.I was waiting for someone to unbreak the broken, to unburn the ashes, for someone to pull me out of my misery."

I took a deep breath to release the knot that had formed in my throat, making it hard for me to breath.

"That's when Elisha came into my life" Our eyes met and it felt as if we had fallen in love again. "The most beautiful, selfless, strong and caring person I've ever met. Someone who walked, talked and lived for the Lord. Whenever I was around her, I felt like I had found the missing piece in my life. Whenever she was around, I felt at peace. For the first time in forever, I knew what love really meant. Its the most beautiful yet scary thing I've ever witness happen to me. Just because of a single person"

I rubbed my chest to steady my breathing. Everyone, including my father, laughed to see how such a muscular, big man was struggling to speak and breath.

"I know that I've done and said some stupid things before. I know that I've messed up but I promise you that I'll forever protect you from harm."

I took the mic off the stand and walked towards her.

"I promise to always love you and turn your frowns upside down. I promise to wake up at 3am just to listen to the bad dream you've had. To never let the sun go down without giving you a kiss and saying you're beautiful. I promise to always give you the last slice of pizza and to look at you like you're the only girl in the world."

My breathing got heavier as I stood in front of her and handed the bouquet of roses. I looked at how cute she looked in my baggy t-shirt with my number and name at the back. Her hair was in a messy bun and her melanin skin radiated as she smiled with tears filling her eyes.

"And most importantly," I said taking a step back and getting down on one knee, "I promise to never leave your side no matter what."

The audience went chaotic when I pulled out a box, revealing a diamond ring.

"Elisha Bedford, could you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

"Say yes! Say yes!" Everyone chanted as she stood as still as a rock from shock with her hands covering her mouth.

"Aren't you gonna say yes?"

Brielle questioned, appearing out of the blue with Zach hand in hand.

Sweat started dripping from my temple. The longer she didn't reply, the more I questioned whether I did the right thing.

"Chubs, so what do you say?"

I nervously whispered.

"Yes!" She screamed, " A thousand times yes, yes, yes, yes and forever yes."

"Seriously!" My eyes widened, " You want to spend your life with me?"

"Yes!"

She leaped into my arms and planted kisses all over my face.

"She said yes!"

Zach and Brielle exclaimed in unison, jumping like crazy.

"I love you so so so much."

She placed both her hands around my neck as her legs wrapped around my hips.

"That's impossible because I love you more."

I replied, leaning in and feeling my lips touch her plump, cherry flavoured ones.

And I'll never forget that day,  18 September 2022, the day I proposed to the love of my life and the day we shared our first kiss.

**************************

HELLO BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE ✝️

this is unfortunately the end of the story. I just first want to say thank you for finishing the whole book and reading Bennet and Elisha's love story. I really appreciate you taking your time to check it out.

I was debating on whether I should write part 2 of Bennett and Elisha's love story as a married couple but I decided that I'll write another one with new characters and theme.

I would lastly like to thank my friend Khazimla for inspiring me to continue writing and being my #1 fan. I love you so much and thank you for everything.

REMEMBER STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

(⁠ ⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥́⁠⌢⁠⚈̥̥̥̥̥̀⁠)