Chapter 15

Bennett POV

"Go Ben Go!" Shouted coach from the sidelines with a clipboard in his hand.
"Take it home!"

Running with the football ball full speed, I had reached the touch line and dropped it. My adrenaline was roof top as I felt alive again. Like I had discovered my purpose in life again. Everything couldn't be going better and it was all thanks to the All Mighty.

He visited me yesterday in my dreams and spoke to me. I had expected Him to speak in a loud and booming voice but no. He was gentle and filled with love.

I was drowning in this deep, black ocean and there were pictures of my mom, dad, football, Gemma and Elisha at floating below me. I tried swimming up to the surface but my body felt paralyzed. Suddenly, two large hands scooped me up and laid me on shore. My body was weak that it was so hard for me to even sit up straight.

As I was studying the unfamiliar place I was in, this bright light appeared and kept hovering closer and closer. Shuttling my eyes tightly, I could sense this abnormally strong presence which became heavier as the light came closer.

"Bennett" It softly spoke. "I'm bigger that heaven and earth and anything your facing right now. I am the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I see everything your going through. I hear your prayers. I'm God who will never fail. I will help you trust me, I will never forget not forsaken you. I will never put you in a situation I can't get you out of."

"God, is that you?" I trembled in fear.

"Don't be afraid. Did I not tell you that I will be with you until the end of the world. I'm God who doesn't lie, I make all promises to my children come true. Don't worry for your life or tommorow. I know the plans I have for you. Just trust me, many blessings are coming your way. Be strong and have courage. I love you."

The light started drifting away and the further it got, the further it was taking all the problems of my life.

"Revelations 21:4"

God whispered to me .

Crawling on my legs to catch up with Him, he drifted further away then disappeared.

I opened my eyes and I was back to reality. I hurriedly went to get Elisha's Bible since I slept at her dorm that day. Quickly, I opened to Revelations 21:4.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

I looked up and smile. God has always been there even though I felt alone. For the first time in my life I felt truly known, complete and loved. God is real and no one can tell me otherwise.

"Good job boy."

Coach shouted again before blowing the whistle.

"Bring it in."

We ran towards him and formed a small,crowded circle.

"Ben I glad to see you've found yourself again. I was beginning to get really worried about you."

"Thank you Coach. I promise it won't happen again."

"That's what I like to hear."

He adjusted his cap and clasped his hands together.

"Ok listen up boys. This is the last practice for this semester. Now I know you're on holiday but I still expect you to be in top shape. We have a number of games against strong teams next semester. Remember to eat healthy and don't do anything I wouldn't do. Are we clear."

"Yes Coach"

We said in unison.

"Go Eagles on three."

"One...two..three"

"GO EAGLES!"

We walked off the field and I headed to my car. I really wanted to visit Elisha but she was busy helping Zach babysit his niece. I don't know why but I don't like that guy. He's getting too comfortable with Elisha and it's making me feel some type of way. It not that I'm jealous or anything but I just want her to be safe.

I walked to my car while reading my bible app. It felt really good to have a personal relationship with the Almighty, to have something indescribable. My God is living and no one can tell me otherwise

*************************

Hello beautiful people

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND REMEMBER TO STAY BLESSED AND HEALTHY 💜

GOD BLESS YOU

⊂((・▽・))⊃