Chapter 28

The pain I was in become more unbearable as time went by. I could hear the paramedics mumbling and shout orders but couldn't understand what they were saying. My vision was so blurry that I could hardly see anything. I so badly wanted to drift off into sleep but that was a risk I wasn't willing to take.

"Hey Dad."

I spoke into the phone.

"Sorry sir, this is Obiri. Mr Choi is still in an important meeting but will come back to you later."

"Please tell him that his son called and that he had a very important thing to tell him?"

"Is everything alright sir?"

"Yeah... everything is perfect."

A sharp pain shot through my head and my vision got worse. Heavily breathing, I could hear my father talking to Obiri and asking for the phone on the other side.

"Hi Bennet, I'm closing off a very important business deal so just get to the point."

My father hissed, clearly annoyed by my unexpected call. Its so crazy how he valued business over everything, including his only son.

"Dad I just wanted to say that I forgive you."

I spoke through my teeth, fighting the pain.

"What?"

"Dad you have hurt me more than you can ever imagine but I don't hate you. You have broken me so many times but from all that brokenness, you've tough me so many things. Thank you for being apart of my life."

I hissed as I felt another sharp pain.

"Ben what is going on?"

"Whatever happens today, I don't want you to blame yourself for it. It was all in God's timing and plan."

"Bennett don't do anything stupid."

He commanded in a stern voice.

"Dad , I love you more than you know. Please turn to God because He and heaven is real. Don't settle for the things of this world because they are temporary."

"Bennett where are you?"

I ended the call and dropped the phone to the ground. All the energy I had was sucked out of me.

It was done, I had finally forgiven my father and let go of any grudge I had against him. It wasn't easy I have to admit but it was what God would have wanted. He always tells us to forgive those who trespass again us as we also want to be forgiven by him. He told us that before we offer Him a sacrifice in the alter, we should first go and sort out any misunderstandings we have with our brothers or sisters.

I steadily closed my eyes as they become too heavy for me to open. The pain I was in, I couldn't tolerate it anymore. All the memories I had made on earth played in my head like a movie. The crying, the laughing, the drama and everything in between lead up to this moment. The time had finally come. I was ready to meet my Father in Heaven.

***********************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS CHAPTER AND HOPEFULLY YOU HAVEN'T CRIED YET BECAUSE YOU'LL SOON CREATE AN OCEAN OF TEARS WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED ʕ'• ᴥ•̥'ʔ