Chapter 10

Bennett's POV:

I watched as Elisha storm out the room, pain evident on her face. She was angry, in fact, furious and the sad part is that I was to blame. I was the one responsible for all her pain.

Slowly walking to the jewellery box she had smashed on the floor, I gradually knelt down and gently picked it up, fearing I would break it, just like how had I broken her heart and trust. I opened the box and inside was a chain with a cross written, " The way, the truth and the life."

Silence filled the room as no one dared to speak, everyone just stared at me. All the words she had said replayed in my head and it hurt even more that they were all true.

The hurt and furious expression on her face shattered my heart even more thought. What was I thinking? How could I be this stupid? I messed up and really bad. I had possibly lost the only person on earth who genuinely cared for me. And only because I tried looking cool in front of other people, people who didn't even care for me.

"Shoot!" I yelled in self-anger, running my hand through my hair.

"How could I be so stupid." I punched my locker and everyone flinched at the loud bang.

"Go to her bro." Instructed Kayden, who too was still shocked by the shenanigans.
"Go fix things with her."

"Bro... she hates my guts."

I confessed, I threw my helmet on the floor.

"And she will be even more angry if you were in the wrong but still didn't try to fix things."

Kayden was right, even if she didn't forgive me at least I tried to apologize.

"Elisha!" I screamed out as I ran out the locker room. "Elisha! Elisha wait!"

Even though I looked like a lunatic, for once in my life I didn't care. I didn't care how people viewed me and I couldn't care less about what they said. My only goal was to see her.

"Elisha wait!"

I could see her small figure heading out the main school gate with her hugging her upper body. The cold air hit my face as I had been used to the heat in the locker room causing goose bumps on my skin. She turned around to see who was calling her then started walking faster when she saw me.

"Elisha stop!"

I finally caught up with her and grabbed her by the arm.

"Get your hands off me. What do you want huh?"

She stopped on her tracks and shoved me away. For a short person, she had the muscles of a bull.

"I'm sorry."

"Your sorry?" She let out a chuckle, "Sorry for what exactly?"

"I'm sorry for everything I said in there. I didn't mean it, I promise you. Please forgive me."

The anger and bitterness in her seemed to rise as her eyes squinted and nose crinkled.

"For you to talk all that rubbish about me in there and then expect me to forgive you is absurd. You really lack brain cells, don't know?"

The anger in her was greater than it was in the locker room.

"Please Elisha."

I begged, going down on my knees and grabbing her hand.

"If you were in my shoes what would you do. What would you do if you opened up to a person and regarded them as a friend then they talked rubbish about you, not only to one person, but to a room full of people. How would you feel?"

For once in my life I didn't know what to say. For once in life I just stood there like a statue. My heart accepted the reality of losing her forever.

"Forgiveness is better said than done."

She pushed me out the way and left. Left like she never knew me at all. She was gone and was never coming back. My heart dropped to my feet as she disappeared into the distance. Why do I always do this? Why do I always push the people who care for me away.

***************************
Hello beautiful people

STAY HEALTHY AND BLESSED. HAPPY SABBATH DAY AND DON'T FORGET TO READ YOUR BIBLE.

Please vote and don't forget to comment what you think.

💜💜💜💜💜