Chapter 34

Elisha's POV

"Don't overdo the blush okay. I don't want him to think that I'm a clown and run away."

I complained to Brielle who had been doing my makeup for the past 15 minutes.

"Even if you did look like a clown, he would still be head over heels in love with you."

I smiled, recalling the day he had finally asked me on a date.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a Wednesday evening and we were at the park eating ice cream. The sun was setting, giving an amber colour with hints of red.

We were absorbing it's natural beauty when Ben just turned to me and blurted ,"Would you make me the happiest boyfriend on earth and agree to go on a date with me as my official girlfriend?"

You could tell that this question had been lingering in his head because of the way his face was covered in anxiety.

Feeling like messing with him, I made him complete three challenges that were extremely hilarious to watch. If he wanted me to agree to his wish, he had to accomplish all of them.

The first one was to dance to Mary had a little lamb and the second was to sing the last song he listened to. Saying that I was left in stitches from laughter is an understatement. I ended up rolling on the grass with tears streaming down like a waterfall. On the last challenge, I had mercy on him and made him to 20 push ups. I might be a bully but I do have my limits.

"All done! And just in time. Your prince charming is here.

Announced Brielle packing everything back in her makeup bag. The lights of the car pierced through the curtain of the balcony and I could hear Bennet climbing out of the car and heading to the door.

"How do I look?"

I asked feeling a bit nervous.

"Like the true melanin beauty you are."

She complimented, taking my hand and heading to the door.

"I feel like a proud father walking her daughter down the aisle."

She cried dramatically, wiping fake tears.

"Its just a date, not a wedding."

I rolled my eyes.

As we walked down the staircase, Bennet's knocks got louder and louder. Brielle being Brielle responded in the only way she knew how, by yelling back.

"COULD YOU KNOCK A LITTLE QUIETER POLICE OFFICER."

She screamed, opening the door and meeting Ben.

"You don't look as bad as I thought you would."

She taunted.

"Thanks for the half compliment."

"If I was you thought, I would have used a bit of gel on that hair."

"Whatever, is Elisha ready?"

"Yes I am."

I appeared behind Brielle.

Ben rapidly blinked as if he had just seen something unbelievable, out of a movie, I should say. His face turned crimson red as though he had a high fever. Taking a big gulp, he swept the sweat that was forming on his forehead.

"Y-you look b-breathtakingly gorgeous."

He stuttered.

"And you look handsome yourself."

I complimented back, feeling those butterflies attacking my stomach again.

"Ewe..why do you have to be this cute together."

Whined Brielle, jumping on the couch with a bag of chips and ice cream next to her.

"There's no need to be jealous. Your time is coming soon."

I tried to lighten up her mood.

"Zach is still available I think."

Bennet added.

"How did you know? Did Elisha tell you about it?"

"No, I saw the love sick eyes you were giving him in the library when you two were doing your project."

"It was pretty obvious."

I added.

"You've been his girlfriend for only two weeks and you're already taking his side over mine."

"I'm not!"

"He could say that we should put a toilet in the kitchen and a stove in the bedroom and you would agree within a heartbeat."

"That is an exaggeration. I may be dumb but I'm not that dumb."

"Shouldn't we get going?"

Interrupted Bennet, taking my hand and joining it with his.

"Bring her home by 7pm."

Commanded Brie.

"But that's in 30 minutes."

"That's the point."

She winked back, fixing her eyes back on the TV screen and then on the ice cream tub.

Elisha's look

Bennet's look

Bennet's look

**************************Howdy beautiful people ✝️💕I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT

Howdy beautiful people ✝️💕
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ IT. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME.

PLEASE PRESS THAT LITTLE STAR AT THE BOTTOM AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ON WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN NEXT.

STAY HEALTHY, BLESSED AND LOVED

◉‿◉