Chapter 7

Elisha's POV :

After class, my cramps got a whole lot better. Bennett insisted on piggy backing me to my dorm but I refused since I don't like body contact, especially with the opposite gender, so instead he walked me.

We're now in my bedroom, taking a break after playing 8 rounds of pillow fight. Ben's laying on the carpet facing me, catching his breath, whereas I'm sitting on my bed brushing my hair.

"So Mr cool guy, tell me one thing about you that nobody knows."

I turned my body away from the mirror and to him.

"Something that nobody knows" he stroked his chin, thinking of an answer, "...well...I'm very handsome."

He grinned, showing off his perfectly aligned teeth.

"This dude seriously has an ego as big as his head." I thought to myself, throwing a pillow which unfortunately missed him by an inch.

I mentally asked myself how I had become friends with someone like him.

"Are you kidding me." I gave him a glare," That's something people don't know about you."

"Uhmm...well... I've been in love before." His voice trailed away.

"Yeah right, " I snorted, "I might look young but I wasn't born yesterday."

Bennet jolted up at my failure to believe his little story.

"I'm serious." He raised his voice but in a non-aggressive way. "Her name was Ashley Henning and she was my childhood best friend. We were friends since elementary school and I had a crush on her ever since we were in second grade. She had the cutest smile and a dimple that always popped whenever she lied. On Sundays we would always go to Church and then later catch a movie. She was just perfect. Have you ever had that one person who understood you better than you understood yourself. A person who could make your day by simply breathing, she was that to me."

I stopped and smiled as I saw this hopeless romantic side of Ben. The way he smiled as the memories replayed in his head.

"I remember the day I got the courage to ask her on a date. It feels like yesterday actually."

He continued.

"I was on the football field after a match she had come to watch me play and I knew that was the perfect opportunity. So after the match I ran up to her, got on one knee with a banner saying 'WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND' and popped the question. After a moment of hesitation she agreed.

"What happened after that?"

I asked, intrigued.

"She went to study in Australia and I stayed here. We tried a long distance relationship but it just wasn't for us. After 6 memorable years together, we decided to call it quits. The fights and arguments became too much to handle that it overpowered the love."

"Do you still love her." I interrogated, sitting up straight and placing the hair comb next to me.

"Yes. " He responded without hesitation, "I don't think I can never love someone more than I love her. The bond we had was so effortless and special. It was the real definition of love."

You could see the hearts appearing in Bennet's eyes as he talked about her. He was definitely still hopelessly in love her.

"I can totally relate to everything you're saying."

"You've been in love?" He asked shocked, shifting the attention to me. I could tell where this was leading to and I didn't like it. Heart to heart conversations were not my thing.

"Yep." I popped the "p".

"And who is or was this special guy." He raised an eyebrow and gawked his eyes on me.

"His name was Samuel Valentino." I disclosed.

"Is that all the information I'm getting."

"Yes." I grinned, receiving an unamused look from him.

Rolling my eyes, I finally gave into his glare and decided to carry on.

"Fine..he was half Italian and half Colombian. We were friends since kindergarten but started dating in fifth grade. We were always the outcasts at school. No one wanted to talk nor sit with us, like we were some disease or something. Did that ever affect us though...not really because we had each other. I remember this day when we secretly got married during lunchtime in kindergarten. It was by our favourite swings that were always reserved for us. We used wires to make the rings and after school we couldn't get them off."

We giggled at the embarrassing memory together.

"Things couldn't be more perfect but then senior year in high school arrived . That's when things started spiralling out of control. He changed into someone I didn't know. His glow up really boosted his ego because he abruptly became the heartthrob of the school, he then started cheating, partying and doing drugs. He completely ignored me for reasons I didn't know. He kissed girls at parties then took them home. Leaving me behind to beg people to take me home."

"What a jerk." He exclaimed, clenching his jaw.

"I felt hurt more than anything...you know. Not because he stopped loving me but because my best friend change to someone I couldn't recognise. A break up hurts but gradually losing a person you love, right in front of your eyes, shatters your heart."

"How did you guys break up."

I chuckled at his question because I still hadn't come to terms with the answer.

"Ohh we never broke up. He just ghosted me and I took the hint."

That sentence was strangely difficult to say. I could see the pity plastered on Ben's face as he listened.

"In life we tend to love things that don't loves us back. That's why we get so mad when we give 100% and get 1% in return. When we are involved in situations like that, it means that Jesus never approved of that plan. Once Jesus is involved, things happen effortlessly and peaceful."

"Is that why Jesus doesn't approve of dating someone not Christian because your relationship won't be centred around him."

A smiled crept on my face as I heard what he said. Ben was working on his relationship with Christ again. I felt like a proud parent seeing their child take their first steps. A sense of happiness and joy flooded my soul.

"How did you know?" I grinned.

"I have a bible app on my phone and I'm doing a program about relationships."

"Im very proud to see you seeking Jesus again. I'm sure heaven is rejoicing right now."

I leaned in to hug him before letting go.

"I feel at peace when I read about Him. Something that I haven't felt in a long time. It feels comfortable and gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling." He confessed.

"There's plenty more that you still need to uncover about Him." I proudly said.

Knock Knock

"I'll get it." I announced, springing off the bed to go open the front door.

***************************
Hello beautiful people ✝️

I just love the conversation Ben and Elisha have. It's just so comfortable and not force. Its one trait that I love about their fresh friendship.

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND STAY BLESSED 💜