Part 42- what actually happened on that night

"so there is a good news and a bad news" said Dr. Kim .

Both Jungkook and Taehyung were looking at doctor impatiently.

Doctor understood their gaze and wasted no time to spoke further.

" Ok so good news is, this is not a cancerous tumor . It's called malignant tumor. "

" Really? Wow! That's great news " Tae exclaimed excitedly.

"What's the bad news doctor? " Jungkook asked while he felt his heart was beating so fast that it could break the ribcage.

" Well the bad news is it's still life threatening" doctor said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

" But you said it's not Cancerous so why it is life threatening??" All the relief in Taehyung's voice was vanished.

" Yes, it's not Cancerous Tae but still the tumor is at the one of the most sensitive and important part of the body that is very risky to operate. We will try radiation therapy for 3 sittings and we will again examine the tumor. If the radiation is working that's good but if not , we have to do surgery" doctor explained.

" Ok so after surgery kook will be fine , right? " Tae asked impatiently.

" Umm, hope so. Again surgery has its own risks like vission loss, paralysis or even loss of life. And even after surgery most of the time tumor often comes back so yeah... I am sorry for being this much straight forward but I wanted you guys to understand things crystal clear." Doctor said .

" So either way there is no chance I can live longer, right? " Jungkook asked with sad smile.

" No I am not saying that Mr. Jungkook. Please don't be disappointed .I have mentioned all the risks but don't forget there are some cases in medical history where doctors had lost the hopes but patients survived. There are some exceptions we can't explain through medical science. I am not exaggerating but miracles do happen no doctor or scientist can deny it. So I really advice you to not lose the hope.. I really really want you to become exception and I know you can"

Jungkook just smiled weakly. Taehyung caressed his back and said,
" Yes , he will. He is our fighter and Golden Maknae. He will surely win "

Those words seemed to have no effect on Jungkook's disappointed face.

" We will start radiation therapy after 4 days. I suggest you to inform your family now ." Advised the doctor.

" I'll keep that in my mind. Anyways, thank you doctor. " Said Jungkook while shaking hands with doctor and got ready to leave.

" My assistant will inform you about the timing and therapy center.I will be present with you during the session.
Wish you all the best and I know you will recover fully Mr. Jungkook. I believe you have a very strong willpower . Let's win this battle , hmm? "

Jungkook just nodded smiling.

Jungkook and Tae left the clinic soon. The ride back to the Jungkook's home was almost quiet. When they reached the home Jungkook was ready to vanish in his bedroom again but Taehyung was also determined this time .

He held Jungkook's hand and made him sit on the couch while sitting besides him.

" Talk to me kook, you told the doctor you are strong then why are you running away? "Tae asked softly.

" I am not running away hyung, I just need time to except and digest the things . 15 days ago I was all healthy and happy , was about to going home on holidays, having fun was love of my life and TODAY , today I am informed I am going to die soon , I have to fight with the disease I never thought could caught me. Everything is finished, my career, my life ,my love ,my dreams, everything. Yes I said I am strong but I also said it would be a lie if I say it didn't effected me. " Jungkook replied with trying his best not to cry.