1.3

Emily started the dance as soon as possible. The dance is good. She'll make it clean as possible at the end. But it's a bit plain.

We finished the dance. "Again. Come on, people." Emily said.

"Can we take a water break?" Daniel asked.

"This isn't summer camp, Daniel. Back to first positions."

I appreciate her drive to win. But come on.

Chloe whispered to Emily she has to go. Of course, Emily didn't let her. No special treatment and bullshit.

"Why do you have a different arm?" Em asked me.

I looked at the rest of them and changed to my right arm to be up. "Get it together, Izzy."

I am super tired. I can barely stand on my feet anymore.

"Let's do it from the top." Riley walked in the studio. "Actually, take two minutes and then we're going back, harder."

As soon as Emily turned around I collapsed on the floor.

Eldon came above my face. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Tired." I said.

He took my hand and helped me up. "Drink some water. I think we'll be here a while."

An hour later James walked into Kate's office with his mom.

James having trouble with maths. This can't be good.

"Em." I said to her, still dancing. "I gotta take care of that."

"He'll be fine."

"Emily!" Now I stopped. "Look, I love you, but I'm dying okay? We all are. And also, I'm not asking."

I walked to the door of the office and heard her talking. "He's been too focused on dance and not enough focus on studying."

"Hey Debrah. What are you doing here?" I asked her smiling.

James's mom loves me.

"Oh, hey Isabel, how are you sweetie?"

"Good, you?"

"Good. Chris, I think I gotta pull James out of the studio for a while."

"Hold on—" I said.

"Come here, for a second, Miss Debrah." Chris cut me off.

James walked next to me. "What the hell did you do?" I asked him.

"Nothing."

"If you'll pull James from the studio, he can't come back for the rest of the year. The whole team is counting on him. After today I will be helping James with his homework every day after dance rehearsal."

"And he's good at maths." James spoke up.

"James! Zip it. And I assure you that he will improve with my help. Does that sound like an idea?"

She looked at me and I smiled at her widely. "Okay." She walked towards James and I walked next to Chris. "I need you to guarantee me that you will listen to Chris," me and Chris nodded. "that you're gonna be able to buckle down."