3.18

Miami baby! the city looked so happy and shiny. the beach was beautiful and the weather just made me really happy.

we took the stairs down to see everyone sign up for the competition. everything looked insane, we were all so excited.

"hey guys, guess what." kate called us. "apparently all the north american studios register tomorrow which means we get an extra day off." we exclaimed happily. "im just gonna figure out where the dressing rooms are. i'll be right back."

"so what do you wanna do?" james turned to me.

"we should go to beach. take the day off."

someone came behind me and walked away with me and i turned to see ella. "hey!" i said with a smile and hugged her.

"my team just finished registering and i've got the rest of the day off so i was wondering if you wanted to come with me to this authentic Cuban restaurant i found online. my treat."

"sounds tempting but i can't."

"what? come on."

"no ella. i actually can't."

"but-"

"stop. i promised James and Eldon i'll hang with them. i'll see you later."

i walked back to James. "what did she want?" he asked me.

"to go out for lunch but i'd rather be with you guys."

"oh great. third wheeling." Eldon rolled his eyes and i chuckled.

"Eldon you know you love me." i said and he smiled.

"woah, what the hell is going on?" james said but we all laughed.

we went to change our clothes and then we went out to walk around. but it was getting pretty late and i was starving.

"can you please just pick a restaurant already?" i begged Eldon.

"a mediocre restaurant, with a mediocre sweet spot is not gonna be good enough."

"bro, you guys are not even together yet." james said to him.

"james, you don't understand. this sweet spot has to be the most important part." he stopped walking. "this is perfect. if this was a restaurant right here it would be perfect." i started smelling something really bad. "or a picnic!"

"no! you can't eat here!" i yelled at him.

"okay. let's just keep going." eldon said frustrated.

we kept walking and then Eldon started to feel the grass in order to find the perfect spot on the grass. "eldon it's all perfect. let's just go eat!" i said to him.

"no. it's not good enough."

"i'm done." james said and then pulled me away.

"meet us by the beach!" i yelled towards eldon.

me and james went to get shawarma in a place that we found not too far from us and then we walked to the beach to meet eldon again.

"hey so, i'm really glad you didn't go with ella." he said to me.

"well, im kinda second guessing that-" he laughed. "no actually, me too. i'm really happy we got a day off."

"same. it's been kinda stressful."

"i still hasn't find the perfect restaurant." Eldon said to us as we approached him.

"just choose one! we've been to a hundred!" James said to him.

"you don't know Thalia like i do."

"eldon i'm sure whatever you would pick she will love it. all she wants you to do is be your girlfriend."

"just pick a place man."

"no. we have to keep looking."

"hey, bro." james turned to look at eldon. "i am gonna go now. with my girlfriend. and you can deal with that by yourself. deal?"

Eldon rolled his eyes but James walked away with me before he had an answer.

we walked around the beach, feeling the water on our feet silently.

i want to tell James about Australia. but i don't know how. "hey." james said and i looked at him. "what's on your mind?"

"nothing." i said. "can you believe we're in Miami for internationals?"

"i know. it's crazy."

"and i'm dance captain. and your girlfriend."

"who would've thought you'd be so lucky?" he said sarcastically and i pushed him slightly.

"whatever happens, i'm really glad we made it here together."

"me too, Iz." he wrapped his arm around me. "me too."