2.10

i'm in the juice bar before rehearsal doing some homework when Eldon came and sat next to me. "Hey izzy." he said.

"hey."

"how was your weekend?"

"okay."

"that's good. um, listen, i heard about you and James and... i'm sorry."

"it's okay, it's not your fault."

i know Eldon just trying to be nice but i really don't wanna talk about my break up with James.

"if Izzy and James aren't together and can't make it, i don't know who can."

"yeah, we're not exactly the ideal couple."

"well, not anymore."

"well, then who is?"

"i guess James and Beth now cause they went to that competiti—" he looked at me and i looked at him angrily.

"what!" i exclaimed.

"no, no, no, no, no."

"he went to the competition?"

"no no no no no." he said quickly. "it's a rumour."

"a rumour? yeah?"

i can't believe after everything that happened James actually went to the duet competition with Beth.

"it's just... yeah." he got up quickly bumped into Michelle and ran away.

"what was that about?"Michelle asked me.

i got up quickly and ran after him to rehearsal.

"hey guys. guess what?" Kate walked inside the studio. "come closer. i just wanted to let you know that James and Beth placed second in the dance competition this weekend." i rolled my eyes and looked the other way.

i can't even look at James right now. how could he betray me again?

"exciting right?" Kate asked. "anyway, just wanted to let you know. you should get warmed up, right?" i turn away to keep warming up. "uh, Izzy, James? can you head into my office? i'd like to talk to you, please."

i went inside Kate's office unwillingly.

i feel so uncomfortable right now. we're the only two people inside the office. it's hard enough with everyone else in the room. but it's just me and him. and that hasn't happened in a while.

"so you came in second?" i asked him trying to feel less awkward.

"yeah."

"how many studios were there, two?" i asked annoyed.

"no. a bunch."

"i still can't believe you went."

"what was i supposed to do, bail on her?"

"i don't know, but i thought you wanted to fix this! i thought you wanted to try."

"well Kate asked me to do it."

"i don't care what Kate asked you to do!" i yelled and then Kate walked inside the office.

"so. how's the duet going?" she asked.

"fine." i said.

"really?"

"to be honest we haven't rehearsed in a while." James said.

"guys, nationals is right around the corner. you need to get back to rehearsal."

"can we just maybe have a few days?" i asked.

"id be cool with that, yeah." James said.

"fine. i'll give you a few days. but then you have to get back to it."

"fine." i stood up and James did as well at the same time, we bumped into each other and then each of us turned the other direction and walked out angrily.

i went to the music room and played some music and i just danced to them.

i mostly miss my friend. the way he was always there. i just can't believe it's over.