2.20

right now me and Emily are at the studio cleaning mirrors. "Em, i'm sorry about Hunter." i said to her.

Amanda made Emily break up with Eldon in order to gain her trust. i feel so bad for her. she doesn't deserve it.

"this plan better work, Iz." she said to me.

then i see James walking inside the studio. "hey, Iz, can i talk you?" he calls me.

"good luck." Emily said and i walk to James.

"i've decided to do the task that scares me the most." James said.

"number seven?"

"number ten. getting to know Emily."

James and Emily aren't exactly the best of friends. and James and Riley already know each other pretty good so i thought that if he could be friends with my best friend it would be nice.

"okay, you have to find one thing about her that i don't know." i tell him.

"one thing? that's it? and then its done?"

"yup."

"just one thing about her that you don't know. done let's do it."

"okay." i said excitedly.

"i guess i'm cleaning mirrors then." he took the spray and the towel out of my hand and then walked to Emily and i walked out of the studio.

i was at the Juice bar listening to music and reading as i saw James and Emily across the room.

they don't look too happy. especially when James saw me and walked to me with a frustrated look.

"how's it going?" i asked him, taking the headphones out of my ears.

"terrible. it's worse than getting a root canal." i saw Em walking away behind James. "if i could choose over hanging out with Emily and getting a root canal, i would probably choose a root canal."

"really?"

"yes. but i've got to get back. i've got to grab these drinks." he stood up, took the drinks and he was surprised to turn around and see that Emily is gone.

"what! where'd she go?"

"go find her." i told him and he ran away.

my phone lit up and my a text from my mom popped up.

Alex is awake.

i grabbed my stuff as fast as i could and ran to the hospital. i opened the door so fast that it almost closed back at me.

"hey, Iz." Alex said, slightly as soon as i walked in.

"you idiot." i said with tears and walked closer to hug him.

"i'll give you some time." my mom said, touching my shoulder softly and then walked out of the room.

"what the fuck Alex!" i yelled at him. "are you fucking kidding me!"

"i'm sorry." he said quietly.

"yeah, you better be. i needed you. so much happened and—"

"i know."

"what?"

"i know. i heard you talking to me." i gasped quietly. "i hated that i couldn't tell you to shut up after two minutes but—" i shoved his arm slightly and he smiled. "i love you, sis."

i smiled. "what am i gonna do with James, Alex?"

"does mom know?" i shake my head and he started laughing. "oh god."

"it's not funny."

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry." he looked at me softly. "James loves you, Iz."

"that's what everyone keep telling me, but it doesn't feel like it."

"well, sometime you got to let them prove to you that they love you."

"he's trying."

"the list?"

"yeah."

"okay, good. what is he doing now?"

"trying to become friends with Emily." i said that and Alex started laughing again.

"oh, good luck to him." alex looked at me. "you know he was here?"

"what?" i asked softly.

"yeah. he came by. i don't know when but he did. alone."

"what did he say?"

"i'm not sure. something about your breakup but i don't remember."

"oh, you are useless." i bend down and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "love you, bro. don't do anything stupid while i'm gone."

"not making any promises." i smiled and left back to the studio.

i found Emily and James, with Riley too at the juice bar. "hey! where did you disappear?" James asked me when they saw me.

"yeah i can't get him to shut up." Em said and i smiled.

"so?" i asked them.

"Em called him her friend." Riley said and my eyes widened.

"is that so?"

"yeah." Emily said sharply. "i kinda regret that now."

"aw." James said happily.

"you okay?" Riley asked me.

"alex woke up." i said and they all smiled.

"that's amazing!"

"yeah. i'm happy."

"i'm glad." James said looking into my eyes.