2.22

me and Emily were at the juice bar, looking through magazines and talking about school.

"hey, how's the list going with James?" she asked me.

"um, actually really well. he's taking it seriously which never happens." i said with a chuckle.

"yeah. that is a first. he's so cute." i chuckled at her statement.

"izzy!" i heard someone calling me and i looked up to see James, calling me over.

"speak of the devil." i said to her and then walked away towards James.

"what's up?" i asked him, sitting down.

"i don't wanna do number nine. do you want to switch that?" he said with a smile, trying to light up the question.

"you've had your learner's permit forever. don't you wanna take me on a real date in a car instead of a bus?" i said, trying to prove my point.

he sighed. "fine i'll get my driver's license. fine." i smiled. "so you wanna hang out?"

"the list isn't done. sorry." i said with a grin.

"oh, yeah, you would. okay, cool." he stood up. "alright, see you later than."

honestly i'm pretty sick of the bus. so it'd be nice if he got his driver's license.

the next day, James had convinced me to come with him to his driver exam but since we got here, he kept pacing around nervously.

"james, are you okay?" i asked him.

"yeah."

"are you nervous?" i asked surprised.

"no, i'm-i'm-i'm fine.".

"oh my goodness, James is actually nervous." i said chuckling.

"hey, you should've seen the instructor, okay? he was strict. and he didn't like me. he was putting his finger in my face like this." James put his finger in my face to show me. "don't lean on the car, he's not gonna like that." James pulled me away from the car i was leaning on.

"okay. you know what? you need to calm down. be your normal charming self and you'll be fine."

"um, no, that's what got me in trouble last time."

"okay how about this? if you pass your test then i will pay for you to take me to the drive in movies."

whenever James is nervous, i know that a little motivation goes a long way.

"shake on it." James said to me and i took his hand and shake it.

Debrah ran over to us, nervously. "it's almost time, so James, where did i tell you to put your hands?" she asked him.

"to myself." he said and i shake my head in disbelief.

"ten and two, James, keep your hands at 10 and 2."

"yeah, okay mom."

"you're going to be fine. you've practiced really hard. it's going to go well. you've just gotta relax."

"don't even worry about it." i said mocking him. he tried to come closer to hug me but i pushed him away.

"i know i got it." he said.