1.15

When I walked inside the studio, James was sitting at the side with his books and Chris. "Hey." I walked over to them.

"No." Chris said to me.

"What—"

"No. He needs to get past this test and you're a distraction."

I'm a what now?

"Goodbye Isabel."

Did he just being rude to me?

We started dancing Emily's routine but it was horrible. It was messy and boring.

"Stop!" Emily screamed. "Are you guys serious? That was so messy! Just go from the beginning!"

She's too harsh this time. She knows something is up. I'm just getting really tired of her.

We danced her routine again, she was screaming at all of us to get things right and not mark it.

"Stop. Just stop. That was supposed to be sequence, as in all together! You're acting like J troupe. Go back to the beginning."

I turned around to go to my place, but Riley grabbed my arm. "She's onto us." She said to me.

"What?"

I don't know how Emily found out about us, but I don't want her to know yet. I'm not ready.

The next day I was warming up in the studio with James. "So how did the maths test went?" I asked him nervously.

If he did really bad his mom's gonna pull him out of the studio and it's all over.

"I killed it. It was fine." He said.

"Really?" I asked happily.

"Yeah." He looked around the room nervously.

"No. No, you're lying to me." I said, taking the smile off my face.

"No, I killed it for real."

I know James is lying because I know James. Maybe too good.

"You're lying to me." He chuckled. "Can you please just be straight with me? Come on, it's just me and you."

"Alright, maybe it went a little badly."

"How much is a little bad?"

He paused for a minute. "It was a small test though."

"You failed the test?" I asked him.

"So small."

"Was it really that small?"

"Yeah, but five plus four equals nine."