2.14

i went inside the juice bar for the fundraiser Michelle and Chloe organized and i see Charlie coming over and he hugged me.

"hey." i said. "are you playing tonight?"

"yeah. stay and watch?"

"definitely."

Nick is weird. but i saw James' jealous face in the corner of my eye so i'll keep Nick around.

Michelle and Chloe invited Nick to the stage and started playing addicted to you. but all i found myself do is stare at James.

"hey Izzy." Noah came over to me.

"oh hey Noah. what's up?"

"someone told me you can sing. i need you to sing for us."

"where did you hear that? the only two people who knows— James."

"come on please."

"no. no way."

"not for him. for me. for the studio."

"noah—"

"i can't sing in front of everybody."

"yes you can." i pushed him.

"no. i really can't."

"Noah, look at me." he looked at me. "if you'll get up there and get stuck i'll come rescue you, but not if i see you do it on purpose. just try. i know you can do it."

"fine."

"give it to Noah James and Amanda." Michelle said.

the two boys went on stage. no Amanda. "Whoo! go James! love you." Beth screamed i rolled my eyes and Nick sat next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

i'm sorry did i miss something? are they going out again?

"Go Noah!" i yelled and gave him a thumbs up.

Noah did great! he sang so good thank god i didn't have to go up because that would be horrible.

through the song i just kept looking at James and I couldn't look away. he played the drums and it was great. i need to get over him.

i walked out of the juice bar waiting for the bus to come when i heard voices.

"you were so great." beth said.

"thanks." james replied.

i looked at them but when James caught my eyes i looked away back on the road.

"oh hey izzy." beth said to me but i didn't reply.

"you deserve a congratulations, huh?" James said to me and i looked at him. "see you got a new boyfriend."

"you too. definitely a keeper." i said sharply, annoyed.

"is everything okay?" beth asked.

"fine!" we both said to her, still keeping our eyes on each other.

"okay, well, i'm gonna go."

"i'll walk with you." james said to her and they both walked away.

seeing James with Beth hurts my heart more than anything. i don't know what to do.