1.19

We opened the day with the B troupe coming to A studio to see if they match A troupe.

"As you know, there's two spots open in a troupe. A troupe is a big jump from b troupe and it's really important that you guys are serious. We'll start with freestyle and then we'll go through the choreography. Cool?" They all nodded.

Freestyle is important part of dance, and we wanna see what they can bring to the group.

I started by asking each of them why they're dancing. Kate wanted me to ask them to see you they are good enough for everyone.

When Beth turn to come in the front I have to take everything I have not to slap in her face. "Why are you dancing, Beth?" I asked her.

"Some people say I'm a little bit crazy and loud, so I like expressing that in my dance. And also, I know it's embarrassing, but I really miss James and kinda wanna see him, so I'd love to be in a troupe." My whole face just boiled.

This girl is so dumb. Like, why would you say that? Really? Not your entire world should spin around a boy. Come on.

I looked at Kate giving her a slight look and then told Beth to show me what she's got.

There is no way that girl is on my team. No freaking way.

I sat on the juice bar when James called me. "Hey, Iz." He said when I answered.

"Hey." I said.

"You okay?"

"Steph and Emily are leaving. I just did auditions to b troupe. I cannot describe how awful they were." He chuckled. "You okay?"

"Can you come over and teach me the dance?" He asked quickly.

When James asks me to come over and dance with him, I really want to, but his mom will rip my head off.

"I don't know..."

"Come on. She won't see you."

"Fine. I'll see you later." I closed my phone and left to go on the bus.

I waited for James outside his school and then I saw him walking outside. "James, hey." I called him. "Ready to learn the choreography?"

"I can't. I'm sorry. There's too much on my plate right now, okay?"

"What? No, James, come on."

"My teacher just scheduled a maths retest for tomorrow."

"So? You know this stuff, James. You've been studying for weeks. Just relax okay?"

"I'm telling you, I don't know any of it. I have tutors after class, and I still don't know it."

"Yes, you do."