3.11

"guys, listen up!" kate walked in the studio and we gathered around her. "just got off the phone with the internationals board and they need the list of our dancers so we need to figure out who's gonna replace Chloe."

"um, i think we might need two dancers." Cierra said and we all looked at her confused.

"why?" kate asked.

"well, you might be moving back to Madison, right Michelle?"

"i'm sorry, what?"

we all looked at Michelle confused. i don't know what we're gonna do without Michelle on the team.

"what are you doing?" Michelle asked Cierra.

"look Michelle, i know you're an amazing dancer but this is a huge risk. this is internationals. i want all twelve of us to be there. right now there might be some other dancers, that are more reliable."

"michelle, is this true?" kate asked her.

"well, yeah, my parents are getting a divorce and my mom's moving back to madison and my dad's staying here. so i don't know who i'm staying with yet."

"so you're saying you might not be coming to internationals with the team?"

"i don't know..."

"well, im sorry, but you're gonna have to let me know by tomorrow, otherwise im gonna have to replace you." kate said and she walked out.

i feel so bad for her. i don't know why she wouldn't come to talk me.

"hey." i walked up to her at the side of the room.

"look, izzy, if you're here to yell at me—"

"why would i yell at you?"

"cause you're my dance captain."

"but i'm also your friend." i looked at her softly. "i don't think keeping it inside was the smart move, but i am here for you if you need me. i know it must be tough."

"thanks, izzy. but i don't know what i'm gonna do."

"i trust you. whatever you do, im here for you." she smiled at me.

were all now in studio A, watching dancers from B troupe warming up when i see Stephanie walking inside the studio.

"steph!" i yelled, running towards her and hugging her. "i'm so happy you're auditioning."

"yeah..."

"what's wrong?"

"i'm nervous."

i smiled at her. "don't be. you're an amazing dancer, and everyone knows it. i'm rooting for you girl."

"thanks Izzy."

"alright guys let's get these auditions started." kate said as she walked in with Phoebe. "clear the floor please."

we walked to the sides, A troupe at one side waiting for them to perform their solos as it's gonna be our decision.

abi went first. former elite dancer. she looked so strong, her flexibility is insane.

shannon went after. another former elite dancer. she's very strong but in the previous audition her nerves got the better of her.

Skylar went next- Cierra's sister. Skyler was great, she's so talented. but i think she's too young.

we clapped when she finished. "great. let's have Jake next." Kate said.

"the auditions are in here, right?" Daniel walked inside the studio, mocking Michelle's entrance.

our faces immediately fell down. we could not believe Daniel wants to audition after everything he did to us.

i am really not sure why Daniel is here. he cannot audition. he is not a team player.

i don't like him. and my team doesn't like him. and i want Steph back on the team with me.

"so, Kate, when can you fit me in the line up?" Daniel asked her.

Kate scoffed slightly. "i'm a little surprised to see you here, actually." she said to him.

"well, The Next Step can't win Internationals without me, so..."

"oh i'm gonna—" i was gonna start off an argument with him but both James and West held me back.

"excuse me!" Kate was gonna burst off.

"no, no, no. let him dance. this'll be fun." James cut her off and i looked at him in disbelief. "how many people here want to see Daniel audition... again?"

everyone cheered, and i guess i understand what James is doing. Daniel is not coming back. over my dead body.

"alright, fine. you can go right before Stephanie." Kate said to him.

Jake went up. i don't know him, he just moved to The Next Step but as he dances we can see he has his own special style. but i don't know if he has what it takes.

"Daniel, please take the floor." Kate said to him when Jake finished.

seeing Daniel dance... again, we know he's great. we don't need to see him dance again to know he's great. but Daniel is a horrible person and was a horrible person to everyone. his dance was excellent, and he could add something to the team, but he's not getting in.

"okay, and last but definitely not least, Miss Stephanie." Kate said and Steph walked in nervously.

"go Steph!" i cheered her.

i haven't seen Steph dance in a while and i'm really excited to see her solo.

as soon as she started dancing, i fell in love with her all over again. that girl has a perfect technique. she improved so much since last time we saw her dancing. but stephanie has something Daniel could never have, and that's passion. self respect. love. and she really loves it. her dance reflects on everything she's been through. i'm glad to say she deserves this place in the team.

everyone cheered for her when she finished.

i'm really happy. she deserves it. she's gonna be perfect. she's A troupe material, and always will be.

"okay, i think we all know who the new member of A Troupe is." Kate said and looked at us.

"congratulations Stephanie!" James yelled and ran to her and hugged her as everyone else joined our hug.

i am so happy my friend is back on the team.