bonus chapter (5)

that's it. i finished school. i have a degree in teaching and i got top of my class in dance.

i'm gonna miss Australia but i am still focused on my target.

i landed in Canada with four huge suitcases and walked out. Eldon is picking me up and i smiled so widely when i saw him.

i hugged him so tightly and i was so happy he's here. "you're actually moving back." he said surprisingly.

"yep. couldn't spend one more minute without you." i said and he smiled.

we drove to Eldon's apartment because he agreed to let me crash there until i find my own place or hopefully with James.

Eldon and Riley both know that i want James back but we didn't actually talk about it.

the car stopped and i looked at Eldon. "listen, Izzy. before you go out..."

i saw James in my back mirror getting out of a car. "there's James." i said happily and walked out of the car.

"James." i called him with a smile.

"Izzy?" he asked surprised.

before i could walk over to him a girl walked out from the same car he did and took his side, and his hand, with a smile.

"Izzy, this is Amy." he looked at me. "my fiancée." my eyes widened. i looked at Eldon with questioning face, and then looked back at James.

"oh god. wow!" i pulled myself together. "congratulations."

"you're the famous izzy? i heard so much about you." the girl said.

"i wish i could say the same." i replied. i looked at Eldon.

"the wedding is tomorrow so James is sleeping here." Eldon explained.

i sighed when i realized what was going on. James was engaged when he came to me last year. he was engaged and i'm the fool who pushed him away.

"you should totally come." Amy said.

"i'm sure Izzy's too busy." James said to her.

"we've got room for one more. your mom is invited."

i gasped. "wow, okay. i don't think it's such a good idea. but congratulations, again."

i turned into Eldon's car and walked in. two minutes later he walked back in. "just drive for god sacks." i said to him and he started driving as the tears streamed down my face. "she has no idea who i am, huh?" i asked quietly.

"she thinks you dated West and you were James' best friend."

"at least there's some truth to it." i looked at him, "you should've told me Eldon!" i yelled at him, crying.

"i know, im sorry. i didn't know how."

"he's getting married." i stated.

"he won't if you tell him how you feel."

"i can't tell him how i feel, he's getting married!" i yelled with a sob.

Eldon pulled over and then looked at me. "you turned him down in Australia. so he thinks you don't love him anymore. but if he'll know he would never marry her."

"i didn't know he was engaged." i said.

"he didn't want you to know because he just wanted you to be in love with him."

"i am!"

"you have to tell him that, Izzy."

"i can't. i can't. he's getting married, which means he wants to get married. which means i can't tell him i feel."

"girl, you are so dumb."

"just drive to Riley's!" i yelled at him and he kept driving.

i spent my first night back home with Riley, ice cream and tears. i didn't know what to do. i can't watch him get married.

Riley fell asleep but i just couldn't.

i grabbed her key car and walked out. i turned around and saw James standing in front of me. "James. what are you doing here? it's late." i said to him.

"you've been crying?" he asked looking at my face.

"just watched the saddest movie ever." i lied.

"so you're back."

"yes. i'm back." i looked at him. "and you're getting married tomorrow! must be exciting." i smiled at him.

"yeah. yeah, it is."

i closed my eyes awkwardly i didn't know what to say.

"so how'd your boyfriend take it? you're doing long distance?"

"no, we actually broke up. after he graduated."

he looked at me. "oh."

"yeah... so listen, i..."

"yeah?" he asked with anticipation.

"how'd you meet?" i asked him.

"oh, in London. three years ago."

"wow. that's a long time." i said with a laugh. "so when you came to visit me in Australia?"

"yeah... i should've invited you, Iz."

i closed my eyes again from the sound of my nickname in his voice.

"don't worry about it. i'll see you when you get back from the honeymoon."

i turned back to the door and then closed it, leaning on the door. i can't do this.

my phone rang and James' sister's name popped up. "Piper? hey!" i answered.

"hey?!" she yelled at me. "hey?!" she repeated. "you need to tell him how you feel!"

"what?"

"he can't marry that girl! she's so... she's so..."

"what? what's wrong with her?"

"she's not you, Izzy."

"Piper, there's a reason they're engaged."

"that reason is that he thinks you don't love him anymore so he made himself move on! you have to tell him. please. i'm rooting for you guys. everyone does ."

"sorry, Pipes. have fun at the wedding."

i woke up the next day from Riley screaming at me. James and Amy are getting married in a noon wedding and it's almost eleven. but i'm not going.

"Riley stop!" i yelled at her.

"you have to come! if he'll see you, he won't get married." she pushed me out of bed.

"i'm not coming. he's happy."

"he's not. he's miserable without you!" i looked at her. "we're gonna be late. the ceremony is at 12 and at this hour we're gonna be stuck in traffic."

"i can't do it to him."

"you're not doing anything to him, you're doing it for him! he needs you and you need him and you have to stop this weeding!"

that's when it hit me. James is my soulmate. he's the love of my life and i have to at least try and get him back.