3.3

i've been working with James on few things.

one, was my solo dance for the competition against Elite.

two, his solo for the competition.

and three, our duet for Cathy's wedding.

i had fun with him. it was fun. but as soon as i walk in studio A, my whole mood shifts and i just keep thinking what will happen if i loses. or worse. what will happen if i have to compete against my own team?

Emily walked in and the whole team turned to face her. "Emily! how it went?" Kate asked her.

Emily had the doctor appointment today to see if she can dance or not.

"i'm all clear." she said and we all cheered happily.

"wait!" Riley said to us. "Emily is not clear to dance. quite the opposite actually."

"i'm sorry what?" Kate asked confused.

"i'm ready to compete." Emily said.

"oh really? you're good to rehearse? good to dance? so you can do a grand jete right now?"

"i'm not warmed up." Emily said to her sister.

i looked at Riley trying to read this situation. i think Emily might be lying.

"well, your knee is fine. you should be able to do it."

"yeah, Emily, let's see a grand jete." Kate said to her.

"well, i can't exactly do a grand jete, but i won't put one in my solo. look, i'm ready to compete. i know my body. i can work around this."

"no, Emily you can't. because we need you to be at your best and you're clearly not at your best. i'm sorry but we can't risk it. you can't compete for The Next Step."

Emily looked down in disappointment and then looked at her sister. "thank you." she said hurt and then Emily left.

Riley ran after her and then i ran after the two. Riley was left behind an angry Emily.

"she's gonna get over it." i said to Riley.

"i just wants what's best for her." riley replied quietly.

"Ri, sometimes we have to make some hard decisions, but you made the right choice. even if Emily can't see it right now."

she looked at me. "i really hope i don't have to compete against any of us."

"me too. i don't know what im gonna do if i will."

"well, you can out beat anyone."

i smiled at her. "thanks, Ri. you too."

she smiled back at me.

we're all now in the studio. it's the day of the competition. we're all very nervous and very jumpy, but i'm confident that we can all win.

there's 11 of us, not including Michelle as she is away in Madison helping her mom, but she was promised a spot on the team, and i am very happy for her.

i was sitting on the bench, cuddled into James, when Elite just stormed inside, in unison, and it's just very intimidating.

they stood in the studio and suddenly music starts and they started dancing along with it. they've prepared a dance. i am honestly shocked.

they're great, they really are. it's so so intimidating as they walked in our studio and just do that.

i'm not saying that they're not. but there's a reason we won against them, twice. this dance was created to make us stressed and it's working on most of us. but i do not give a shit.

i'm mostly angry. and i'm ready to take any of them down.