Irl Cheats

"...It's an honour to hear that from god herself"

A screen type of thing suddenly appeared and displayed the events in my life. Woah, that was unexpected. From my infant years to now all my memories played from my perspective. The last clip was for when I told Tommy to run, and it cut off.

"That was very selfless of you. In quite a literal way, you threw yourself at the enemy to save Tommy" she complimented. I scoffed.

"I mean, I knew I was gonna gonna die, so might as well let one perish than two, right?" I replied with a question. She tapped on Tommy in my memory, and we suddenly switched to his point of view, which was running through the forest with tears in his eyes.

"Why did I run? I could've ran with her. I could have fucking saved her"

We heard him hesitate. He collapsed to his knees from exhaustion.

"Fuck, why did you fucking save me instead of yourself!?"

He tearfully asked to noone in particular.

"You dumbass, I would've bled to death infront of your eyes, and we would've been caught!" I scolded him and saw him perk up.

"What?"

He mumbled under his breath. I realized he heard me.

"Vex are you here?"

He looked and ran around trying to find my non existing voice.

"He can hear the things you say directly to him, in his head. We are in the current timeline and you mustn't disturb the border of life and death" god explained to me. I nodded and watched in defeat as Tommy ran around aimlessly, trying to save someone who has already deceased.

"This may be a rhetorical question, but why are you talking to me and showing me all of this, when there's probably someone else who died right now, that should get the same treatment as me, where they can reminisce the life they lived, but can't because you, the one who has the power to do that, is with me currently?" I asked, very specifically. She didn't turn to me.

"Because, your case is special" she simply answered, not averting her eyes from Tommy's vision.

"Special? What do you mean?" I was confused at her words.

"You see, self-sacrifice is the biggest virtue, while the opposite being sacrificing others for one's own survival is the biggest sin one can commit" she lightly explained, I understood pretty quickly.

"Does that mean, I'm going to heaven!?" I very shockingly asked again. She chuckled.

"Yes, but sacrifice comes with a choice" she paused. I eagerly waited for her to finish her sentence.

"To either progress above to heaven, or to be revived and continue living back on Earth" my eyes widened at the choice she presented. That's a tough one.

"Of course that doesn't mean you will be reincarnated, nor will all of your fatal injuries just disappear. It will simply heal you enough to let you keep living" she added. I need to think about this one. Do I live in a forever paradise where I can spend the rest of the space time continuum in peace, or do I go back to save my friends and fight off the monsters of the SMP.

Thinking about this philosophically, this could be a test to see whether or not I would leave my peers to fend for themselves. I could very well go to hell for selfishness.

Beside that, I don't want Tommy to think he was the reason I died, so it's obvious what my choice is.

"I want to go back to the SMP" I answered. She smiled softly.

"Not many people decide to go back, yet you are different" she said, opening a portal to what I presume is the mortal world. Jeez, I'm gonna start talking like her if I don't go back quickly.

"Well, I have some unfinished business sooo, I guess I'll see you later?" I made an awkward goodbye. She let out a laugh.

"One day, now go, don't let Tommy lose someone else who's close to him" I hesitated at her words. Someone else? You know what nevermind that, I need to live again.

"It may hurt to wake up" was the last thing I heard before everything turned to black. I woke up, or rather opened my eyes and saw that I was chained to a wall. Well okay. My body hurt so much more, but the pain sort of eased. That must be the aftereffects of cheating death. I still can't believe I got a second chance by the god of Death. If I ever meet a christian person that believes in god, I can't say I disagree.

"Dreeeaaam" I called out, mostly because I was bored. I'm a masochist, so no matter how many ways he tortures me, as long as he doesn't involve the members of L'manburg, I'll be a pain in his ass.

"What??" I heard a confused voice say. I caught a glimpse of Dream.

"How are you not dead??" He very confusedly asked me. Of course I can't tell anyone about the afterlife, but it's not like he'll believe me anyway.

"God herself revived me. I have her on my side, bitch" I said in a low raspy tone, surely sending shivers down his spine. He cautiously approached me.

"You, are such a thorn on my side" he scolded me. I just laughed.

"Why thank you" I choked on my own blood. He grit his teeth and turned around, lifting his mask to drag his hands down his face. I shifted my head to see if I could see his face. Because of my limited movements though, I couldn't see anything and sighed dissapointedly. He turned back at the sigh that slipped from my lips.

"You will never see the light of day after that stunt you pulled yesterday" he spat, venom lacing his words. I think he's pissed off.