A Start From an End

Drifting in space. Stars passing by. Planets in the distance. This is calming. I couldn't feel a single injury. Soothing piano music played in the background. Lucid dreaming is something you all need to learn. I promise you it's worth it.

I know I probably won't experience this in real life, but that's why people's dreams are a free land. It's an experience you can never encounter in reality. Your wildest wishes or your most supressed nightmares. Really shows you that there are two sides to everything. And you never know when the worst will strike. That's the beauty of life I guess.

Falling.

Well this isn't new. We've all had that dream before.

Soft fall. I fell on something soft. Then once again, my muscles came back one by one. The pain was still there, but it was subtle. I opened me eyes, or tried to, since it was bright like the surface of the sun. When I finally got my sight back, I saw an unknown ceiling. Mine didn't have a lightbulb after the incident, unless they changed it. I shakily got up to see that I wasn't in my room. In fact this room had a desk and chair, papers scattered on it, a few posters of the Dream Team and overall just more decorated than mine. It also had two bowls. One full of water, the other full of pellets. Do they have a pet? The litter box not too far from it confirmed my suspicions.

"This dude has posters of his friends and himself? Who would even make something like that about these people?" I thought aloud. I pulled off the blanket to see that almost my entire body was bandaged. They even bandaged the places I didn't know were wounded.

"Talk about extra" I muttered to myself. I tossed my legs over the bed frame, cringing at the slight pain that followed.

"Wonder if the door is locked" I asked and got up, instantly collapsing back on the bed, hissing in pain. Yeah, nice slap from reality.

Just as I laid there on my back, hopelessly thinking of ways to get out of this situation, Dream came through the door.

"I see you're awake" he examined me, making me sit up. Oh. This was his bed I'm lying in. That's awkward.

"Nice examination" I croaked out, my voice broken from who knows what. He approached me and took my arm, surprising me a bit.

"Don't go cutting there again. It was indescribably gross trying to patch it up" he told me, glancing at my wrists. I understood what he meant.

"If you're wondering, a female friend of ours came to bandage you. It wasn't any of us" he added, looking away. Great to know.

"Soooo, are we roomies now?" I eagerly asked, getting a pained sigh as a response.

"No I'll be staying with George. So remember that-"

"The safety of the nation I was former loyal to is at stake, yeah, I understand" I cut him off. I felt a glare on me.

"Once you heal, you'll go to training with me, George and Sap. Your clever, but you're not strong" he explained. Well, I guess I have no choice here. I know what I do from now on can extend to more than just L'manburg and possibly seep into the members personal lives, so I need to be careful here.

"Understood" I nodded. He backed off with an 'okay'.

"What exactly is my job? Like what do I do from day to day?" I asked him, unsure of what purpose in life I have anymore.

"Maintain piece throughout the server. That's the basics" he put it shortly. I hummed in acknowledgement.

"Basically communism with less steps, got it" I clicked my tongue. He didn't even try to argue.

"That disc that Tommy seems to care so much about... why do you think he values it so much?" Well that came outta nowhere. He never even told me.

"I dunno, he never told me" I answered honestly. When I looked back at him, he was holding it in his hand.

"A music disc. That he cares so much for" he inspected it infront of me. I mean I don't really care what he does with it unless he destroys it.

"As long as you don't damage it, I have no intention of caring" I laid back.

"So you would care if I chipped it?" He asked. I raised my head.

"I only care that Tommy cares about it" I simply replied. He didn't let it go though.

"Why do you care about what Tommy cares about?" He continued the interrogation. This mothersucker just doesn't give up.

"Speaking of Tommy, what did you do to him when he tried to rescue me?" I changed the subject. He adjusted his mask.

"Just a weakness potion or two" vague as hell. I know damn well his face was littered with bruises.

"Oh yeah those brown, purple marks on his face are probably nothing" I sneered, sarcasm dripping from my words. His movements came to a slight halt.

"I don't know what happened to him and I don't have to prove anything to you, but he did that to himself" he tried to convince me. Don't get me wrong, I can totally believe that Tommy fell over and bruised himself. I just doubt that Dream wouldn't lie to me.

"I don't think your lying, but I'm having trouble believing you" I honestly replied. He didn't care either way.

"I'm only responsible for what you hear, not what you understand" he simply clarified and left the room. I fell on my back and stayed there. Might as well enjoy it here. God everything hurts. Everything including my feelings.

"This is gonna be a trainwreck" I muttered. As a protagonist I guess I have to say that this is the beginning of a new adventure. That sound so cliche.