mistakes ans friends were made

Dream POV

Sapnap left soon when dinner was finished. That escalated quickly. And was very uncalled for. I knew she wasn't afraid, but this is a completely new level.

"I'm not the one who would say this, but I think you should apologize" George told her. She seemed to have a genuine look of regret.

"It's only right" she admitted and went to go after him, leaving me and George.

"I don't want to doubt you, but this decision was probably the worst you have ever made" George seriously confessed. I can see why he thinks that, but I just have this feeling that she could be of use to us.

"I don't ask this alot, but trust me on this one. She won't be a negative effect on us" I assured him. I could tell he didn't believe she would benefit us, but he believed he could trust me.

"Alright, I trust you" he sighed. My doubts are rising. But for some reason, I still held out hope. I need to know when to give up.

Vexity POV

I went outside and looked at the surroundings. Where could Sapnap have gone?

My question was answered when I saw a bright orange light in the distance. He's letting his anger out on the woods.

"Better go there before he starts another fire" I said to myself before approaching the fire. It wasn't very far, as the light was getting brighter.

What I saw genuinely frightened me. Him standing infront of a giant fire, still as a statue.

"This is going to burn this whole place down" I warned him, not even knowing if he could hear me or not.

"What do you want now?" He spat. I have a feeling he wants to burn me alive.

"I came here to apologize and ask politely of you to not send me to hell the traditional way" I asked nicely. He turned to look at me. His previously yellow eyes now were colors and shades that of a fire. It was honestly hypnotizing to look into.

"Done staring?" He smirked. I snapped out of it.

"Yes, and sorry for saying that. It was uncalled for" I looked away. Never since the day I saw him did I think I would apologize to him. He sighed.

"It's fine. It was true anyway" he admitted, glancing at the fire. I did not expect him to accept it.

"We should probably put that out before it gets big enough for Satan crawls out of it" I pointed to the inferno behind him. He was weirdly nonchalant about it.

"Heh, watch this" his confidence arose. I quirked a brow. He put his palms to the fire and shifted them, the fire moving in sync with it. Holy shit! He's a fire bender?! I knew he was a blaze, but I didn't know he could control fire!

"Holy hell, I'm going to hell!" I exclaimed, watching the flames move so gracefully. He surrounded himself with it, making spirals and circles. My god, maybe he does get bitches.

"Better be watching!" He let me know before gathering it and shooting it to the sky. It exploded and sparks flew everywhere, making for a dope view.

"Woah" I admired the sky. The explosions of patterns in the sky. My eyes couldn't be pried off of it.

"You never seen fireworks before?" He asked me. I was captivated. It was so beautiful.

"How did you do that? I thought you were only resistant to fire?" I asked back, unwillingly tearing my eyes off the sky. He had a tiny flame on his hair.

"I can control certain amount of fire, it just takes a lot of energy and concentration" he explained. I didn't think blaze hybrids were so overpowered. And there's me, a human.

"That's lowkey unfair dude, you were brought into this world with superpowers. I want superpowers!" I retaliated. He chuckled.

"Sucks to be you" he replied. Silence fell. We watched the remainder of the supernova going on above us. It wasn't ending, which surprises me. How could it last this long?

"Did you actually never see fireworks? Like in your life?" He reasked. I have seen them before, but  I never knew what they actually were. I stared up at the sky with a starstruck face, alone under the streetlights. I never had anyone to share that moments like that with.

"I did once and it was one of the brightest moments of my life. Both figuratively and literally" life wasn't really good back then. I was alone in the streets with no home, stealing from homes and building shelter for myself. I didn't really have anyone to rely on or have my back.

"Seeing fireworks was the brightest moment of your life? That's so sad" he laughed off. It really was. But I never gave up. The only thing that kept me alive was my sheer stubbornness.

"It really is" bitch got lucky. Powers like fire would've been so useful.

"What were you-"

"Sapnap!" A voice cut through the forest. Before we knew it, Dream and George ran into the clearance, axe and shield in hand.

"What happened?!" George asked panicky. Why are they armed?

"Oh, my bad. It was nothing" Sapnap brushed off, making them sigh in relief.

"Why did you fire the flare?! We thought you had killed her or something!" George scolded him. Dream straightened his mask.

"The flare is for emergencies only" he seemingly glared at Sap. I rolled my eyes.

"He was just reminding me that humans were inferior to hybrids" I defended him. I appreciated his effort to impress me. It really was majestic.

"Don't defend him. He knew it wasn't supposed to be used for showing off" Dream taunted us. It's his powers, he should be able to use them whenever he wants.

"Shouldn't HE decide what to do with HIS powers? I understand that it was to notify something important, but it wasn't a flare, it was a... what was it called?" I asked myself. What was it again? Firebursts?

"Fireworks" Sapnap finished my sentence. Yes! That's it.

"Yeah, that" I agreed with him. They looked at us back and forth.

"Did you really just settle your differences that quickly?" Dream asked, pointing to us. We are the most stubborn two of the group.

"Yeah, turns out, we click" I briefly explained. George furrowed his brows in confusion but shrugged it off.

"You guys were watching fireworks together?" He changed the subject. I just realized how romantic that sounds.

"Yes, and don't make it weird. In my eyes, it was a friendly gesture. And I was glad to see it" I explained them. Sapnap scoffed.

"So that's you officially friendzoning me?" He was resting his hands on the back of his head. We were walking back to the house.

"We were barely friends to begin with so it doesn't count" I stated. Dream burst out laughing.

"She just strangerzoned you!" He wheezed. I was cracking up myself. His laugh is contagious. Goddammit Dream.