uhh, dad? i messed up

Dream POV

Shit, shit SHIT! She's losing alot of blood. Dammit! Do.. Do I want to save her? She is a pain in the.. everything. But.. I can't just let her die and plus she.. understood. She's.. like me. She understands what it's like. Should I let her die? Anyone that's remotely similar to me is dangerous. Even to me.

I.. I can't leave her like this. As much as I hate to say it, she's right. She cared. She cared for me. I don't know why and I won't know if I keep standing like this.

I picked her up and ran to the community house. That's the only place I know has regen potions. I pearled across the map and thank Holy Jesus she isn't heavy.

There! I need to hurry. Wait. Is.. is her heart still beating? Oh no. Oh nononono. This, this wasn't supposed to happen. She's still alive she has to be!

I saw Sapnap in the community house. Sapnap!

"Sap! Two regen potions!" His head shot up and stared in confusion before rushing to get the potions. I laid her on the bed and inspected the damage, oh my god it looks horrible. I checked her pulse and I can't feel anything.

I saw if I checked the right place and it was right. When I put a finger under her nose for her breath, I didn't feel anything. No, oh no, wait- not like this. You can't die! You always bounce right back! Don't you? I... I pushed you too far.

"What the hell happened?! I was looking for you two and then I you carrying her bloody body and-my god that looks bad" he handed me the potions. I poured one over the injuries and the other I let her drink. Please, please be alive. Let her live, please! I still don't feel any pulse. Oh god, I killed her. I killed her with my own hands. After I tried so hard to earn her trust. This is what happens. This is what happens when I push people away. They end up hurt. I shouldn't have pushed her away. I should've told her! Why did I do this!?

"Dude are you okay? Your breathing really fast" nevermind that, I have to keep her alive! The fact she didn't even deny or fight it. She just... accepted it. Like she knew it would happen. She knew me too well. Yet she did nothing to defend herself. She subconsciously trusted me to not kill her, and I broke it.

"Is.. is she dead?" I don't know. I don't know! I don't know if I want to know!

"FUCK!" I let out an ear splitting yell. Sapnap flinched at the noise. What is happening? Why am I crying? Why.. Why do I care? Why do I care so much for her? I just- she reminded me too much of Elaine and...

"What happened? Why are you crying? Explain!" Sapnap's desperate yells were ringing in my ears. I couldn't focus. I couldn't think straight. I had killed the only other person who understood how I felt. Why? Just why? Why did I have to meet the right person at the worst time?

"Dream, fucking-answer me!" I felt Sapnap shoving me to the ground. I've already lost enough people that care about me, I can't lose more.

"She was getting in my business and in my personal life, asking about.. her" Sapnap simmered down. He knew it was a sensitive topic. And he didn't trudge on it.

"I saw red, and I had the axe in my hand.... you can guess what happened next" I hate feeling inferior. Knowledge to me was superiority. One of the things that made me feel superior was the fact noone knew me, noone knew my psychology, my morals, ethics, or my way of thinking. But then I met her. She knew everything about me in the matter of weeks. She read me like a book, and that made me feel like I was weak, like I didn't have power over her. So I hurt her. Very badly. Because I didn't want to feel that pain of losing someone important to me again. But that only ended up the way I tried to avoid. I should've been honest. I should've told her. I should've let her through.