i wont admit it

We split two ways, and went to scavenge for hiding spots. The branches were pretty stiff so it would hurt to run through them. Eh, not like I'm the one who's gonna get hurt.

"So, George, any ideas?" I asked him. I wasn't hoping for him to say anything, but I should've remembered he has years of experience.

"Sapnap has the strength, while Dream has the smarts. What's something we have that they don't?" He asked me. Awesomeness, style, bitches, humor, I can name alot of things. But not much when it comes to attributes to win this.

"I mean, despite my massive ego, I have to say we don't have really good stats" I gave him a heart to heart. It's not much, but it's all your getting out of me.

"There has to be something that we can do" Ding! Idea.

"Annoying people. Agree or not, we can be a real pain in people's asses of we want to be" I explained. I could see the look of audacity on his face, but there's no time for that.

"Fine, what do you plan we do?" I put my hands together because I'm so goddamn EVIL. I had an evil idea. I had an awful idea. I had an evil, awful idea.

Cut to Dream

The grass slightly crunched under his feet. This will be a walk in the park, he thought. Oh, how little he knew about what they had planned. He crossed over to their side before being interrupted.

"Ayo, green bitch over here!" He heard above him. Vex was on top of the mountain next to him, flipping him off while laughing like a crack addict.

"I'll give you a headstart" his ego was bigger than the US national debt. But Vex didn't give two shits about that.

"You wanna give me head?" She asked, making Dream sigh, mostly annoyed. He cleared his throat.

"I won't show mercy" he warned. She cracked her knuckles and laughed.

"Hey, chill I'm just playing. No need to get all snippy" they were in a standoff, but Dream got tired of being in the bottom. He bolted around the mountain, making Vex jump onto the ground and running to the enemy teritory, aiming for the flag.

"Doesn't this seem familiar?" She asked him, climbing atop the trees, leading him deeper into her teritory. Dream quickly got above the trees as well and chased after her, startling her very badly.

"Shhit! Get the fuck away from me you green flashbang!" She shouted. Dream was determined to catch her, yet he didn't know why. Maybe it was the thrill of being the hunter? Or the satisfaction of winning? Either way he wanted to beat her at this.

"Dream!" Sapnap called out to him, throwing a smoke bomb at Vex. She choked as it clouded her vision, stumbling over the branches and almost falling down, holding onto a single branch that was right under Dream. Sapnap shot a glance at Dream before signaling to her and running to her flag.

"No!" She yelped before landing softly, right before Dream was now face to face with her. She narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you even chasing me? Shouldn't you be looking for the flag? Shouldn't I be looking for the flag?" She questioned herself. He knew what she was playing.

"I know damn well you're gonna pull something" he replied, fixing his posture to show confidence. While Vex leaned back, cockily.

"Your guess. What could we be planning?" She taunted him. The fact that he didn't know what she was planning frustrated him, as she was purely chaotic and unpredictable.

"AAAAaaH!" They heard a shriek from behind them, as well as birds flying away from where that came from.

"Sounds like your little friend over there is struggling" Dream looked around, searching for the flag.

"I mean I see you struggling to catch me, so" she smirked, which he hated from the core.

"We'll see" she led the chase again, now making more calculated moves, avoiding the dangers of the terrain. Whilst she was running a head of black hair appeared in front of her, which made her stop immediately.

"There you are!" He smiled, approaching her, as she turned back to run, she faced Dream.

"This ain't a game of tag you know, you won't get a benefit from catching me" she warned them, but Dream quickly tackled her to the ground, one of her backbones popping at the sudden movement.

"Watch it! I'm the greatest good thing you're ever gonna touch!" She exaggerated. Dream didn't respond.

"I'm guessing we're gonna stay here until one of our teammates find the flag?" She asked, shifting a bit.

"Likely yeah" he scanned the area for signs of the flag but there weren't any. Staying like that for more than a few minutes, the awkward silence became deafening. And Vex just so happened to have a question for Dream.

"Hey, Masky?" She called. Dream stayed silent.

"I know I basically have no authority, but I need to ask. Why did you keep me?" Her question took him by surprise.

"What do you mean keep?" He asked back. She turned her head to look at him.

"Like you didn't kill me even after all the hell I put you guys through" she clarified, her eyes portraying confusion. Dream was left speechless.

Of course they needed real leverage, and she was a pretty good person to have on the team. But.. those all seemed so ingenuine. To him killing her slipped his mind everytime. He didn't know why, neither did he question it, but now he was questioning. Why did he keep her alive? Just kill her and being done with it would've been less stressful. Maybe he subconsciously had an alterior motive to protect her.

"Your skills were too good to waste" he partially lied. He didn't like dealing with feelings and emotions. They were a waste of time, he believed. Although Vex didn't fully believe him.

"Not gonna lie, that kinda sounds like a lie" she told him. Without much thought, something slipped out of his mouth.

"I don't know"

She swore she heard it, and it gave her more questions then answers. He didn't know? Why would he not know? He's the one who insisted on keeping her pulse intact.

"There has to be more than one reason, cause you have been relentless on this shit. Like why not let me be taken by the sweet release of death?" She tried to lighten the mood. Dream was conflicted. Should he tell her? Would it make him seem weak? Pathetic that he's even questioning himself?

"I can't" he simply answered. Vex furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Why not?"