Cutting Losses

A few days of recovery have passed by and my will to live is still at an all time low. The treacherous trio of douchbaggery have been giving me nothing but soup, saying it was too dangerous to give me anything else. I'm not like a professional or anything. Like what the hell do you think I'll do, throw the plate at the window? I mean yeah I would probably do that. To be fair I would do anything to spite them.

Just then I heard my door unlock. Well the start of it unlocking. It takes exactly 9 seconds to open the door because they triple locked it from the outside. I'm flattered they think I can make it to the door with possible broken bones, fractures and a concussion from when I headbutted into the ground. The day we -I mean L'manburg gained their independence.

"I gotta get used to that now" I realized. I forgot that part of the deal. I'm sad now. All alone.

The door opened and Sapnap walked in with a bowl. He handed it to me and I got up quickly.

"Thank you" I thanked him unintentionally. He stopped for a second and looked wide eyed at me.

"That was the first genuine, non-sarcastic thank you I've ever heard coming from you" he told me, as I knew I was caught in action. No use covering it now. I don't want to be nice to them, but I'm too tired to keep up my sarcasm and sneer.

"And it's going to be your last if you don't leave me alone" I shot back, irritated. He backed off.

"No need to be feisty" he smirked. I visibly cringed.

"I don't know if your vocabulary is that small, but there were a lot of words that you could've used instead of that" I took a sip of the soup. He pouted.

"It's a perfect word to describe what you are" he replied. Ugh, I have never seen someone so bold yet so pathetic.

"I'm guessing every girl that sees you walks the other way" I gulped down the soup and wiped some off my mouth. He stuttered trying to find a response.

"You didn't have to be a bitch about it" he cursed, furrowing his eyebrows. I chuckled.

"Tommy would get a girlfriend before you" I doubled down. He dramatically took a step back.

"Don't compare me to that child" he spat. I rolled my eyes pretending to be annoyed.

"Says the guy who flirts with random girls thinking they actually like him" I put the bowl aside. I could tell he was getting annoyed for real.

"Shut the fuck up" venom laced his tongue. It only entertained me.

"Did you start saying that after so many people said it to you?" I tripled down, pissing him off more.

"You're the one at our mercy here!" He yelled, pointing to himself. Usually I wouldn't give two shots about that, but now I have to.

"Fine, sorry" I exaggerated. He didn't buy it for a second.

"Prick" he muttered. He picked up the bowl and left with a pissed off face.

"Always been and always will be" I threw up the piece signs and he just flipped me off. That was unnecessarily hilarious. Interactions like these are the only thing that give me hope for this group. I'm starting to learn how to walk again. That's good atleast.

I was bored and decided to get up. I limped around and checked everything I could. He took away anything that could be used as a weapon or tool. He even took off the nails in the picture frames and replaced them with screws. I didn't even hear it.

I sighed and made my way back to my bed. I laid down, already aching in pain. But just as I did, I heard a clink. I immediately shot up and limped to the window. I held myself at the window and saw Tommy looking left and right, then he saw me.

"Vex, climb out the window!" He yelled. This boy is going to be the death of me. He was, actually! I died for him.

"Tommy, get your dumbass back to L'manburg and stay there!" I whisper shouted. He made a confused face.

"Come on, you can escape!" He ushered. I sighed. I wasn't expecting anything, and I'm still dissapointed.

"I feel bad for your parents" I rubbed my eyelids.

"What the fuck!?" He shockingly yelled. I shushed him immediately.

"Shut up!" I whispered. He covered his mouth. I sighed and hung my head low. This dumb twat.

"I know I'm yelling at a child but, you dumb shitnugget!" I cussed at him. He scratched the back of his neck, while the other hand rested on his hip.

"Surely you can get out!" He whisper yelled this time. This is gonna be a difficult argument.

"No, I can't. If I do, you guys will be in danger" I tried to reason with him. His stubbornness didn't allow me to reach him.

"You don't have to listen to these arseholes!" He fought back. I don't know how many brain cells he has, but it's lower than my reasons to live right now.

"I do, Tommy. You're all finally free. Be free. Me talking to you is illegal. Don't give them a reason to attack you guys again" I practically begged. Mostly because my legs we're giving out under me. I'm about to fall any second now.

"You can get out right now, though! We can regroup and-"

"And nothing Tommy" I cut him off. My legs were turning into slime.

I knew what I had to do. It wasn't said, but I know I had to cut ties with everyone.

"Tommy, leave, never come back. Forget about me" I asked of him. Of course he wouldn't comply.

"What? No! I'm not leaving you, again! You fucking died the last time!" I shushed him again. I am so done with living, dude. God take me back. Please.

"We both would have if you didn't run! Which by the way, good job on running away, cause I would've murdered your ass in the afterlife if you didn't!" I rambled. Just when I wanted to scold him more, I heard the door click. Shit.

"Tommy run! They're here!" I whisper shouted. He barely heard me and hesitantly ran. Dream slammed open the door, causing me to panic and fall. But before I hit the ground, a pair of arms caught me.

Dream's

Pair of arms