Lonely Angel

The sudden gasp made Hitoshi turn around, seeing the once asleep blond, now wide awake while his jaw dropped. Who knows how much he saw but he definitely saw Hitoshi put his art together. Hitoshi mentally punched himself in the face. How could he be so stupid and not realize!? Of course, when he tries to actually do something is when Denki decided to wake up.

Ranger could care less. He's seen Hitoshi since he assigned himself to protect Denki. It was late at night as well, making Hitoshi also wonder if he was the reason Denki had woken up. Denki's drawling was on his desk, where Hitoshi decided to put until he heard a gasp. 

Denki scrambled out of his bed to go over towards his desk. He picked up his once ripped up drawling as if were glass. Turning it over to see the back where Hitoshi had taped it all back together. "I didn't now ghost could this..." Denki muttered mostly to himself. He didn't sound to freaked out which made Hitoshi sigh in relief. Denki kept looking at his drawling, making Hitoshi wish he could read minds to know Denki's thought process.

Denki looked around the room, as if trying to find something. He turned around to where his bed was, waving "Hi ghost person" Denki said, but he sounded confused. Tho Hitoshi wasn't a ghost, he stood on the left side of Denki, him finding it amusing that Denki wasn't actually facing him. He let a small chuckle slip from his lips. It's not like anyone but Ranger would hear him, and Ranger couldn't tell anyone.

"Ummm, I don't know why you fixed this. But thank you" Denki said looking back down at the fixed drawling in his hands with a small smile and a yawn. "You gave me energy for ten minutes though" he said with a chuckle, getting back in bed, placing the unfinished art on his nightstand.

Hitoshi kind of hoped that Denki would talk as if there was a ghost. He didn't realize how lonely he had gotten. It is to be expected though, he feels as though it is pathetic to actually feel lonely with a job such as his. He should be prepared for this, so why wasn't he at the same time? Hitoshi quickly let the thoughts burn in his mind, pushing them aside, not wanting to hear of them again.

Hitoshi didn't realize the time that had passed as his thoughts moved like a river and the time went by like a car on the freeway. Denki was already fast asleep, Ranger cuddling with him as his blanket had fallen at some point. Hitoshi frowned at himself. He could have done something. 

Very early in the morning. Denki's parents walked towards Denki and gave him a kiss on his forehead, saying a quiet 'goodbye'. Denki's father had picked up his blanket and placed it over Ranger and Denki himself. Hitoshi watched as Denki's mother started crying. So, Hitoshi fallowed.

Haruki and Aika sat on the couch. Haruki hugged his wife as she cried. Haruki himself, was trying to hold in his tears so his main focus could be on comforting Aika. "It's gunna fine. I know it is. I'm sure we'll make it up to him" Haruki spoke, his voice seeming to wobble. But the mention of Denki caught Hitoshi's attention. "I know. But him not being able to see us often gets to me" Aika says, wiping her tears.

"It does to me to" Haruki say's kissing Aika's cheek. Hitoshi stood near Denki's door, too scared to leave him alone for too long. Akia and Haruki had calmed down. Haruki spoke up once again. "I know we've been saving money for Denki's collage, but there's this school that I've been looking into. He'd start it after summer is over and I think it'll help him in the future" Haruki states, catching Aika's full attention.

"He wouldn't be able to go to college, but this school will take him on the right path. He won't have to deal with what we are" Haruki said with a small hopeful smile. Aika nodded, waiting for him to keep going.

"The school's name is UA. They teach more about real life situations and cover all of the basics, and if Denki wants to do any kind of extra class like music or art, it doesn't cost much extra. They're building dorms to, mainly for kids who don't have a good home life, but I'm sure they'll understand why we need him there as well, plus the dorms are free for that reason. We can get a smaller house and try to get better jobs while Denki stays at school" Haruki rambled. 

Hitoshi took note of everything Denki's father said. He needed to make sure none of this would affect Denki. "But what if the house doesn't get sold fast enough?" Aika pointed out. "Theres a guy at work who needs a house like this. We can try and use the money we get from the house to guy a small house and see how it goes." Haruki seemed be very set on his plan, as his wife wasn't too sure.

After a few minutes of silence Aika sighed. "We'll try this plan of yours out. It'll be good for all of us so let's just hope it goes according to plan" Aika said with the same hopeful smile her husband had.

Denki's parents left for work not to long after, and Hitoshi went back in Denki's room. Hitoshi looked at Denki's sleeping figure. His arm was wrapped around Ranger while his mouth was open slightly, drool running down his jaw onto his pillow as small snores could be heard.

Who knows what life has in store for Denki. But whatever it is Hitoshi will be there for it.