Pathetic

Denki just stood there. He didn't say anything. He just stood there. Everyone became quiet, no one dared say a word. Denki didn't look happy, sad, or even angary. He just stared at the people who were in front of him.

If Hitoshi could get Denki out of there, he would. Denki didn't have much emotion on his face, looking like he was thinking hard on what was just announced. Denki knew better than anyone that his parent's only did a surprise birthday party is because they wouldn't be able to be there on his actual birthday. Again. 

Denki became fidgety with his fingers in an anxious manner. Something in his mind was telling him something that could or couldn't be true. 

The blond turned on his heel, making his way towards his bedroom door. Hitoshi didn't hesitate to fallow him. Ranger looked at the other four people that planned this before walking to Denki's room to show the comfort Denki needed.

When Denki closed the door rather quietly, making it less noticeable that he had closed it in the first place, he down on his bed, not knowing how to truly feel about the situation. Ranger placed his head on Denki's lap. He instantly started petting the nice soft fur of his dog. 

Denki's thoughts on UA were good and bad. Denki was held back in school considering his low grades. Your supposed to go to UA when your fifteen, but Denki was turning sixteen. How would he be able to go into UA in the first place? All of the seats would be taken, wouldn't they?

Sadly, that was something Denki would have to ask Ashido or Kirishima, as that was the school they went too. 

Now, his thoughts on moving? They were all over the place. Moving could get his parents to spend more time with him, or it would do the opposite. He barley was able to spend as much time as he wanted with his parents to begin with. He didn't need to be separated from them even more.

A soft knock was heard and in came Ashido. She looked at Denki with a sad expression, seeing as how he played with Ranger's fur. Ashido wasn't the most observant, but when she make's a friend, it's easy for her to pick up on their anxious behavior.

"Hey Kam" She spoke in a gentle tone. She wanted to be as gentle as possible, but to gentle to make Denki feel like he was being treated like a child. Ashido knew better then to do that.

"Hey" Denki said back to his friend. Ranger liked getting pet, but when he was getting pet because Denki was having anxiety, it wasn't to Pleasent, as he could sense the anxiety. 

"What's wrong?" She asked. Denki wanted to answer, but his voice decided he shouldn't speak a word. Ranger placed his paw on Denki's leg as a way to show more comfort. UA was a big school. He didn't want people to know he was held back because of his grades and call him dumb.

Don't get him with the reasons he didn't want to move. Ashido's frowned deepened as her friend did say anything else to her, but he kept biting at the inside of his mouth. Which was a bad habit he picked up. 

Ashido sat next to him, hugging him. She didn't know what else to do in this particular situation. Feeling the warmth of his friend hugging him made a few tears slip. He felt dramatic for dreading things that were supposed to be looked at as exciting.

"You don't have to tell me" Ashido whispered, but still loud enough for the boy to hear her clearly. She felt Denki relax as he let out how he felt. Tear after tear, it became sobs. At some point, Denki didn't know when. Kirishima came into the room, sitting on the other side of Denki to hug him as well.

Even Ranger was good for comforting the boy who suddenly felt stressed and filled with anxiety. Kirishima and Ashido didn't even need an answer for why he was so upset at that moment. Just thinking about how his old 'friends' used to not do anything for him without him doing something for them. It made him cry even more.

Hitoshi watched how Denki ended up breaking down, how Ashido and Kirishima came to give him a hug so he could just let it out. 

But Hitoshi know that his wings wrapped around himself, as so did his arms, as a way to give him the same warmth he felt a hug would give. He saw how Denki looked so safe, so calm. It wasn't that Hitoshi didn't feel safe, he just wanted to feel less tense about every little thing.

It was tiring. He's been able to handle it for almost four years, not to mention the training. Why did it all feel like too much? Was this job really supposed to be ten times harder than what they had told him it would be?

His hands gripped his forearms tighter, his nails digging into his skin as his wings wrapped around him tighter. Trying to feel the same comfort he saw others get.

His mind threw insults. His brain was not smart. He was created to take on this task. So why couldn't he succeed? It was frustrating. Why couldn't he just do one thing right? He's failed at protecting Denki a few times. What was he thinking? Why did he throw this task on himself.

Maybe it wasn't that he wasn't skilled enough. Maybe it wasn't because his mind yelled insult's. A single tear slipped from the guardian angels' eyes, as a thought had popped into his mind. A thought that could be true.

Maybe he was just pathetic.