Guard angel and a Guardian angel

Neito stared, unamused of the sight of the portal realm angel panicking at the sudden news of Hitoshi Shinsou messing things up. It's not like it was the worst thing to happen. 

"It could have been worse" Neito spoke with a shrug, his arms crossed as he tried to reassure the angel. "You already know that Lois will do something about it. She might even kill him. Even the human!" She spoke with panic, her wings more ruffled than they were before.

"I could go warn him if I have to. And sure, she can kill who she wants. But she plays games" Neito said, speaking out of truth of what he had heard and what he knows of Lois. "He's a got point. Lois isn't one to just simply end things when something bad happens. She keeps it dragged out in a way" Mirio told. 

The angel stood in thought, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves as she weighed out her options. "How long is your break right now?" She asked, facing Neito. Already knowing Mirio would have to get back to his students as he had just left.

"I have enough time to do it now if that's what you're asking" Neito answered. He didn't need the conversation to get dragged out for no reason, they limited time here! "Then I'll take you to Hitoshi. It's night in Japan right now so the human will be asleep. I'll give you a time limit of fifteen minutes" she said, her tone seeming a bit sterner.

She faced Mirio. Chuckling at a thought. "You need to get back to your students. You don't want them to end up freaking out" she said, giving him a smile. He nodded, already knowing his students were starting to freak out.

Mirio took off without another word besides fair well. Leaving Neito and the angel to head over to the portal she once had to lead Hitoshi to. Her breathing wasn't the most even as she felt nervous, how could she not? She's never had to sneak anyone in a portal before.

When they reached the water looking portal, the two only stared at each other. "You know what to say?" She asked. She needed to make sure that Neito was prepared. He nodded, already mentally preparing himself for the feeling of being in a portal to go where humans did not see him.

"He should be able to see considering you're going in the same portal" She informed, as the blond put his sword to the side as it weighed him down.

He nodded once more, as he stepped into the portal. Feeling the cold water like texture against the skin that was exposed. He wasn't wet, but it felt as though he was supposed to. He saw the small opening, indicating that the end of the portal was close. He prepared himself as he felt the once, water like ground beneath him, turn into the solid ground of a hospital room.

The sudden feeling made the blond almost trip over his own two feet, but quickly caught himself as he looked around. He met the eyes of Hitoshi who sat not far from the hospital bed. The hospital bed itself was almost right in front of where Neito stood, where the human himself laid.

It was midnight, and Neito expected Denki to be fully asleep by now. The tip of Hitoshi's wing was once again the blonds grasp as he looked spaced out more than anything. Who knows what he was thinking in that moment. 

Hitoshi and Neito did have somewhat conversations, not many as Neito would have to guard around somewhere and Hitoshi wasn't much of a social person, so Neito and Hitoshi did know each other somewhat. 

All Hitoshi did was look confused at first, until he pointed to his mouth and shook his head, making sure Neito wouldn't speak to make the almost asleep blond, wake up. But Neito had limited time here! He couldn't just simply wait around! Neito sighed, rolling his eyes as he waited. He wasn't going to give the human much time to fall asleep. He already saw Hitoshi, he can see Neito if he looked his way.

Hitoshi kept looking at Neito to Denki, hoping he would fall asleep soon so he could ask why Neito was even there in the first place. Neito counted every second. Heck, he counted seconds by point seconds! Two minutes has already passed. Neito didn't care at this point.

Before Neito could even speak a word, Hitoshi sighed in relief almost. He looked up at Neito from he sat before finally speaking. "Is there a reason you came?"  He spoke tiredly. He actually seemed more tired than the last time Neito saw him. Witch wasn't surprising.

Neito sighed, making sure that he would actually say what he was intended too, and not just some random shit he decided to point out. "You got yourself in some deep shit. I'm here to warn you" Neito said, looking off to the side, looking around the hospital room.

The quiet snores that came from the sleeping blond filled the silent before Hitoshi spoke. "I kind of figured" he said as he ran a hand through his messy purple hair. "Lois might make your job harder than it actually is or might just see what happens and hope you'll go crazy or something" Neito informed.

Neito looked down at the human who slept while he told Hitoshi everything he needed to know of the current situation. When the conversation stopped, Neito only had so much more time to speak to Hitoshi.

"Why'd you assign yourself?" The blond asked suddenly, his tone sounding in disbelief it seemed. "If you would have waited, you would have known what human you were protecting since they were born. And who knows, this might have not had happened" Neito stated.

Hitoshi sighed. He knew he should have waited, but who would have protected Denki? No one was saying anything when the other guardian asked. If Denki didn't have a guardian angel, he could die just like that! 

"No one would have protected him" Hitoshi responded, but Neito remembered the words Hitoshi told him long ago. "But you didn't assign yourself to protect. You assigned yourself to prove yourself" What Neito said was rather true. But was it true now?

Why did he assign himself for such selfish reasons? Was that really how he was? If it was. Why was it different now?