43

Long chapter 😅

SeokJin's grip on the letter increased as time passed, the sea looked more intimidating tonight as if the waves would swallow him. The roar of uneasiness in his mind is disturbing his thinking. But tonight he is determined to ask and know things that are going to give a jolt to his life, and he wishes it in a good way.

" Seokjin"

The voice made him turn around, the owner of the voice looked so young from the far, his footsteps hurrying towards Jin making him chicken out about all the purpose of tonight. But soon the boy landed beside him with a loud groan about telling how tight was the traffic. Thank God he is still looking at the sea, maybe Seokjin is not strong at looking into his eyes.

" So? How are you doing?"

Oh, yeah there were long days of silence between them, he didn't know where to pick it up or just act as if nothing changed.

" Hmm, doing fine. How about you?"

" Work is going fine except here and there I zone out, I am spending more time in the gym now. Eating and sleeping, so pretty much doing okay"

I am not doing fine, Jungkook says with his eyes.

You cut me off as if I don't matter, as if I don't exist. It hurt and I went crazy not knowing what to do.

" We're you scared about me leaving?... Again?"

" Where do you plan to leave-........again means?"

"Were you scared when I left you unread? Unanswered? For so so long years? I think I would have gone crazy if it was me. "

Seokjin mumbles while resting his head over his hands which are hugging the half-folded knees.

His lover's voice comes following the long silence.

" yes, I got scared for sure but I knew we were going to meet again. Some day "

Seokjin looks at him finally, Jungkook looks shaken from the inside. It's so unfair that Seok-jin is asking Jungkook was scared as if he doesn't know!

" Your handwriting is so pretty "

Seokjin hands the letter taking Jungkook's breath away again.

" You....kept it?? You....have it till now? Do you remember us?"

The voice is full of hope and desperation.

" Something came up and I get to know it's me who was texting you, calling you over the years, not Jimin but in the name of Jimin, hmm.....how coward I might be right? I lost everything in the accident, all the memories of us but....this letter was there in my diary, half burnt, I couldn't throw it....didn't know who wrote it, what it meant to be, how important it is but...I kept it. "

" Thank you, for keeping us "

Is it? It's them? Seokjin kept them too? Like Jungkook.

" Jungkook ah?"

" Yeah"

" Did I write back?? "

A chuckle came out before tracing his fingers on the words in the letter, maybe Jungkook could still feel the younger version of him writing a sweet letter to Seokjin.....or Jimin.

" No, there was no response, no letter, no texts, no calls. I thought of all the worst scenarios. How I might have made you uncomfortable with my words or maybe you started hating me, or ....maybe something happened to you but...but I heard my dad talking to Jimin Hyung's father, everything looked fine. Then....days passed slowly, painfully, and I again fell into my shell.