𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

faye awoke to commotion going on outside her room. the girl groaned and get out of bed, faye looked at her hands to see her knuckles covered with dark bruises and cuts surrounded by dried blood.

that wasn't going to be easy to hide tonight. it was the alumni banquet, which meant faye got to dress up in a dress she'd most likely be very uncomfortable in, but she'd be lying if she wasn't excited.

faye opened her bedroom door to see terra rushing about. "terr? what's up?" faye asked her friend.

"i have preparations to be doing." terra explained. "and i slept in!" she panicked.

"terr, it's fine. nobody's gonna come barging down our door saying you were late for some silly preparations." faye consoled her friend, sending her a warm smile.

"how are you covering those? and that?" terra asked pointing to faye's hands and cheek.

faye's lips thinned. "gloves and makeup." she nodded, awkwardly stepping back into her room.

the girl sighed flexing her hand, she let out a sharp wince. "fuck."

faye sighed and walked into her bathroom to find something to clean her hands with, but the glowing of her eyes made her look back up at the mirror. faye squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, but when she opened them again her eyes were still glowing an electric blue, blue wisps of electricity began to cover the girl's body.

"what the fuck." faye panicked, trying her hardest to get her magic to stop.

"rosalind." a voice said

"huh." faye's head whipped around the room.

"kill her." the voice spoke again.

faye's body tensed, her eyes began to slowly turn back to normal and the blue hue of electricity around her body disappeared. the girl backed up into the wall, her chest quickly rising and falling with panic.

...

after the incident in the bathroom, faye decided to stay in her room until the alumni banquet was starting. it was strange what happened to her because well, it had never happened before, and if it had happened before faye probably used her emotions to control it, but this? it wasn't even her emotions it just happened.

faye sat quietly sat on the sofa, playing games on her phone.

"i think that's duke hammerström." aisha said as she was looking out the window, watching all the alums enter the school.

"duke hammer-who?" bloom asked in confusion, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at faye, who just shrugged.

"hammerström." stella spoke, correcting the man's name. "he's like, um... like a solarian jeff bezos."

bloom turned at looked at stella and terra, still very confused.

"he perfected thought-based purchasing, you think it, you buy it. a nightmare." terra added, bringing bloom to even more confusion.

"you're just confusing her even more. he's basically rich and smart." faye giggled when bloom nodded getting the point.

"duke oscar hammerström, mind fairy, graduated eighty-two. now has a monopoly on otherworld products." aisha read out the information.

"aisha, we didn't really need to know." faye looked over at her friend with thinned lips.

"whoa, you made note cards for the alums?" flora asked, stepping over faye's feet that were hanging off the sofa.

aisha hummed. "they're conversation starters."

faye raised her eyebrows with a laugh.

flora took the cards from aisha and looked at them. "i'm not sure that's how conversations start."

"yeah... she's got a point aisha, you don't introduce yourself to someone with information about themselves, it's kinda creepy." faye let out a laugh.

"yeah, because you have amazing social skills, faye." aisha rolled her eyes.

flora showed aisha another card. "ah, aimee leroy, so nice to meet you. just the other day i was making tea, and it reminded me of your breakthrough theory on elemental fluid mechanics."

all the girls looked at each other with raised eyebrows, seeming impressed. "fair enough, you've proved me wrong." faye sent a smile to aisha, despite the comment the water fairy made before. faye wasn't in the mood for arguing today.

"yeah, they're not all winners." aisha added, making the girls laugh. "but we do have a few hours of mingling before we storm the east wing."

"i cannot wait to see rosalind get taken down." faye sighed.

"kill her, faye." the voice from earlier that morning spoke again.

faye gasped, and the girls all turned to look at her.

"you alright, faye? you look like you've seen a ghost." stella asked her friend, a concerned look on her face.

"yeah... it was nothing. all good over here." faye replied, sending stella a thumbs up.

flora turned back to aisha. "so i'm gonna hang with you and make sure we temper whatever nuggets are on these cards." she spoke. "it's cute."

"so, is everyone who went to alfea like duke hammerström?" bloom asked, stella sent her a questioning look. "like are there no normal jobs in the otherworld? no accountants or-"

"of course there are. it's just most of them didn't go to alfea." stella replied with a small laugh. "i mean, the reason why all the alums are so powerful is because this school is the best."

"or was the best." faye muttered. "the place is turning into a shit show because of rosalind."

bloom nodded agreeing with the girl, then dropped the pen she was using onto the coffee table. "i think i found the best way into the east wing. and don't freak out, but i do think it's easier if i just go by myself."

"bloom, sweetheart. are you an idiot?" faye asked in the nicest voice possible.

terra and aisha also disagreed with the girl.

"it's fine." bloom out her hand up to the girls. "i'm... plus, if... if i get caught, i can worm my way out with rosalind."

the girls heard a knock at the door.

"um... yeah, hold that thought." stella told the girl, standing up and answering the door.

"anyways." faye chirped, hitting her hands on her knees. "i'm gonna get ready."

"oh, do you want any help with your makeup, faye." flora asked, a smile on her face.

"oh, um... sure." faye sent the girl a warm smile. "thanks."