𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

the other girls followed faye outside the pub seeing riven and sky with their gear on.

"did you grab mine?" faye asked sky.

"always." he nodded, chucking the girl her gear.

she quickly put on her jacket and slipped her joggers over her shorts, she ran to the suv grabbing her sword and slid it into its holder.

"ready. let's go." faye joined the group.

"we've been training for this. specialists can take out scrapers, while mind fairies protect us from blood witch magic." faye overheard sky say to bloom.

"mind fairies good for something? present. i'm in." musa spoke, pointing to herself.

"wait, so we are going?" terra asked.

"you aren't, me riv, sky and musa are though." faye replied, strapping a knife to her ankle.

"faye, you're a fairy, it's not safe." bloom argued. "you need to stay."

"i was a specialist first, bloom." faye snapped. "you aren't my mother, you don't tell me what to do."

"it's not safe! we are gonna go back to alfea and-"

"bloom. faye and i are going." musa told the girl, no questions asked. "for once my magic's useful. i need this."

"we got this." sky began. "call silva. get everyone back to alfea. i'll text you when we have beatrix."

bloom stayed silent for a few seconds, processing if she should carry on arguing. "wait, has anyone seen aisha?"

all the girls looked at each other with concern.

...

the four arrived at the abandoned lodge but it was very dark outside, the brakes squeaked loudly as they pulled up onto the mud.

"just for once, couldn't we break into a playground or something cute?" musa asked faye.

"nothings cute when in the otherworld, m." faye laughed softly.

"a playground would be less creepy?" sky asked, slightly amused but keeping his tough demeanour.

"are you two sure you wanna do this?" riven asked the two girls.

they both nodded and continued walking towards the lodge. faye got her bow and arrows ready in case something happened to sneak up on them.

riven entered the lodge the door clattering loudly. they all slowly entered, cautiously looking around.

"upstairs, i can feel her." musa spoke in a slight whisper.

the four headed up the stairs quickly but quietly, they had a quick look around and faye and musa found beatrix.

"beatrix!" musa almost shouted, kneeling to the girl. "she... she's still alive."

"let's get her and go. now." faye spoke with authority, standing over musa and beatrix.

"wait, if she's unconscious, how did she text stella?" musa asked a concerned tone in her voice.

there was silence for a few moments until the group heard the scrapers awful chittering. faye, riven and sky pulled the arrows back in their bows aiming around in the lodge.

"scrapers." riven spoke.

"how many are there?" sky asked, quickly looking around.

the three let go of their arrows that were aimed at the scrapers but before the arrows could even move they were stopped and dropped to the floor.

they all turned to see andreas walking towards them.

"andreas? what the fuck?" sky spoke to the man.

musa's magic made a tingling sound. "there's something wrong with him."

"he's not andreas..." faye wearily said, glancing at riven, then to musa. "run, now."

faye and riven got out their swords, sky quickly following. the three all started fighting the older man, their swords clangs echoed loudly in the empty space. andreas hit riven with the handle of his sword, making the boy fall to the ground, faye looked at the boy for a second and andreas sliced the girl's stomach and then her leg with his sword, she yelled out in pain falling to her knees. she stumbled onto her feet helping her boys, she held her hand on the blade of her sword using her magic to transfer some of her magic into it making the blade of the weapon glow a dark blue.

she swung her sword at andreas' leg, cutting it slightly making the magic bleed into his cut, shocking him so harshly his skin began to burn.

but this seemed to make him angrier, he swung his sword at the girl making her lose the grip on hers, andreas then drove his sword through a gap in faye's armour, the gap was just at the side of her stomach but the sword went all the way through. andreas angrily pushed into the sword forcing faye's back to hit the wall.

he removed his sword from her and turn back to sky and riven who was only just managing to stand back up.

"agh." faye groaned, falling to the floor her vision turning into a blur.

riven got knocked down again harshly making him let out a slightly whimper and sky was on the ground back up against the same wall faye was slowly losing her life at.

andreas swung his sword towards sky. "andreas no!" silva yelled loudly, blocking andreas' sword.

silva looked over at his daughter, the girl was pale and sweat covered her body. "get faye and beatrix out now!" he yelled his concern more so on his daughter who was on the verge of death.

faye felt herself get picked up, she could recognise those arms anywhere. "r- riv?"

"i'm here, princess. please don't close your eyes." the boy begged, he slowly carried her down the stairs, sky, who was carrying beatrix, behind him.

"musa, s-save musa." the girl whispered her eyes opening and closing.

"we'll get her, i promise." he rushed over to the suv they brought, gently placing the girl in the back.

"i- i love you- so much, riv." faye's voice was getting softer and quieter each time she spoke.

"tell me when we're home, okay" riven moved faye's hair out of her face.

"i am home..." she stuttered. "you- you're my home."

"faye, stop." riven begged, tears falling down his face. "you'll be okay."

"tell my d-dad and sk-sky i love them." she whispered, reaching for riven's hand. "i'm sorry."

that was the last thing faye said before everything went black.