𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐

faye's eyes fluttered open, the pain from her body was gone and when she was able to move her head and look around she was back in her old home.

"what the-" faye muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes and pinching herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

she shook her head, and left her bed carefully. she stood up and looked around her room, tilting her head at her desk, seeing all her photos of riven, sky, her dad and... her mum.

faye rushed over to the desk picking up the framed pictures and looked at the ones taped above her desk.

they were all from before she went to alfea. "okay what actual fuck?" she slightly yelled.

"faye, sunshine, what have i told you about swearing?" the familiar voice spoke from her doorframe.

"mum?!" faye gasped, running towards the older woman and hugging her tightly. "i thought i'd never see you again."

"i've missed you, sunshine." diane hugged her daughter tightly.

faye pulled away. "mum? why am i here?"

diane looked at her daughter. "i'm sorry, darling. i'm so sorry." tears formed in the woman's eyes.

"what? mum what happened?"

"you died, sunshine. but- but i can help you get back. you just need to explore your magic." she explained.

"i- i what!? i died?" faye panicked. "but dad, riv, sky all my friends."

"it hasn't been long faye you can still go back to them."

"but what about you? why couldn't you come back?" faye asked, tears forming in the girls' eyes.

"i gave the strongest parts of my magic to you, faye." diane lowered her head. "remember the first time i brought you to me?"

faye nodded. "i could never forget."

"it took me years to do that, faye." she said. "i would've seen you sooner if i could."

"so you can't come back because of me?" faye almost sobbed. "it's my fault my dad will never see you again?"

"he knows when i'm with him, he always does. your dad has healed."

"but i want you to come back, i can help you." faye said a sad smile on her face. "just teach me how and we can come back together."

"sunshine..."

"please." faye begged. "please can we just try."

diane was silent for a moment but she nodded, a soft smile on her face.

...

faye and her mum went through the process almost twenty times to make sure faye at least would be able to come back.

"are you ready, faye?" diane asked, holding her daughter's hands. "think about everyone and everything you love, think about everything that has made you angry, sad, scared. tap into all the emotions, sunshine. close your eyes and feel."

faye nodded and closed her eyes, her mind flashing with images of her and riven, her dad, her friends and sky. flashes of all the times she was angry, sad, happy, nervous. "i'll bring us back, mum."

diane squeezed faye's hands tightly. "i love you so much, my sweet girl. i am so proud of you." she whispered.

faye could feel the energy entering and exiting her body, she heard a soft gasp from her mum.

the two gasped loudly and then there was nothing for a moment.

faye's eyes shot open and her body jolted upwards. people were immediately at her side, faye could've sworn she heard a few sobs.

she glanced around the room, her eyes still slightly blurred. "please tell me it worked." she prayed.

"i don't know what you're talking about, but yeah it did." riven spoke, his voice cracking as he reached for faye's hand.

faye's vision returned and she saw a room almost packed with the people she loved. "hey. i hope nobody had a party without me." she laughed.

some laughs almost sounded like sobs coming from all over the room.

"nothings a party without our favourite fairy specialist." sky spoke from behind riven.

riven dropped his head onto the bed, faye used her free hand to stroke his hair. "i'm okay." she whispered to him.

faye looked up finding her father sitting on the end of the bed. "is she here yet?" faye asked.

silva looked at the girl with confusion. "who, sweetheart?" he asked.

faye let out a sad sigh, tears welling in her eyes. "i'm sorry. i tried to bring her back i'm so sorry." she dropped back into the bed staring up at the ceiling.