𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙

suddenly the three girls heard a loud creak and some sort of skittering, flora let out a gasp. "ew, there better not be rats down here." faye muttered.

the door they entered through slowly began to shut, the loud creaking making faye cringe. then there were more sounds this time a fluttering sound.

"okay, what the fuck." faye muttered harshly.

"i'm gonna close them just in case." flora spoke, hastily going over to the door, closing it then locking it.

"we need evidence." aisha began. "an empty lab is not proof."

"do you recon rosalind moved everything in case someone did decide to creep around?" faye asked.

aisha shrugged. "i don't know, it's likely but..."

the fluttering sound was back.

"did you hear that?" aisha asked faye and flora.

"okay, what is going on." faye whispered in a panic.

another sound was heard and then the lights shut off.

faye being faye spoke loudly. "do i look like i'm the type of person to die in a horror movie? no! i'd be a final girl like sidney prescott!"

"faye!" aisha hissed. "shut up. "

flora went over to the light switch and rapidly flipped the light switch.

aisha let out a breath. "hang on, let me."

"no, let me." faye rolled her eyes, using her magic to make her hands glow a bright blue. she moved around the light from her hands spilling over the entire room.

faye led aisha to one of the metal counters, the water fairy tried the small lamp but it was not working.

"faye are you sure you didn't fry any of the plugs or do anything to the light." flora asked, her head slightly tilted to the side.

"no, i promise this wasn't me..." faye replied, hesitantly looking around the room.

"maybe there's something wrong with the plug." aisha resorted, kneeling to the plugs that were on the floor and plugging the lamp in.

the light disappeared from faye's hands and she nodded at aisha with a smile.

flora let out a gasp. "aisha! faye!" she shouted.

aisha and faye looked to where flora's eyes were directed, the thing launched itself at the girls, and faye and aisha ducked quickly. the creature just missing them and crashing into the table.

"that way!" aisha pointed to where the creature ran off to.

faye stood up and looked over to a bunch of boxes. "it's there."

faye's eyes glowed a deep blue, sparks and blue trails of electricity began circling her hands and arms, her head tilted when she saw the creature glow the same blue as her eyes. faye continued to use her powers, but aisha grabbed faye's shoulders.

"faye, stop. stop channelling. i don't think your magic works." flora spoke.

faye briefly shut her eyes, shutting off her magic. "what the fuck is that thing?"

"where is it?" aisha asked.

"i don't know, i had it before you two started worrying." faye rolled her eyes.

the girls looked around the room hearing the high-pitched chittering moving around the room. aisha moved over to a wall that was showing a shadow that definitely wasn't the girls.

aisha stood still for a moment but raised her phone torch and slowly turned around, horror on her face. the creature suddenly jumped at her, aisha yelped grabbing onto the thing keeping it away from her face.

the creature's tentacle-like things were glowing blue and reaching for her face. faye looked around the room in a panic she noticed a glass bottle full of some sort of chemical and some matches that were on the table beside flora.

"flora! grab those!" faye shouted, pointing at the bottle.

flora turned and grabbed the bottle and matches, running over to aisha.

"help me!" aisha yelled, flora smashed the bottle over the creature.

"magic might not work." the girl breathed out, lighting a match and dropping it on the creature. "how about chemistry?"

the creature was letting out high-pitched squeals as it burned to death.