𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

"faye!" silva shouted, catching up to the girl. "sweetheart, stop."

faye suddenly halted and spun around to her father. "what?!" she snapped.

"i need to you calm down, i can't have you doing anything you'll regret." the man said calmly.

faye laughed dryly before spinning back around and heading to her dorm. she heard her father let out a sigh, faye looked back at him but he was already gone.

she made it to her dorm, thankfully everyone was already in bed and asleep so there wouldn't be any questions asked about her tear-stained cheeks.

...

faye was headed to her morning specialist training with riven, he noticed something was wrong with her the moment he set his eyes on the girl.

"please just tell me what's bothering you, faye." he said to the girl, his arm around her shoulder.

"riv, i just got into a little fight with my dad. it's fine. leave it." she told the boy harshly, faye saw the look on his face and immediately regretted speaking to him that way. "i'm sorry, i- everything is just so fucked right now i can't deal with it."

riven sighed, pulling faye into him for a hug. "i love you, okay? you're strong faye."

"i don't feel it, riv." faye clung to the boy like he was going to vanish into thin air.

their heads shot to the side when they heard a cough. "we are about to start class, hurry along. now." rosalind spoke sternly, then walked away to the large group of students.

"she." faye pointed at the woman's back. "is the cause of my issues right now." she scowled at the woman.

"come on, you." riven chuckled, his hand on faye's lower back guiding her to the group of students.

faye stood in between riven and sky, a bow and arrow in her hand.

"we don't know much about scrapers." rosalind began. "we do know that fairy magic is ineffective against them. which is why now is the time when the specialists must shine. and you ms. silva must be extra careful when in battle."

faye shot the woman a look, rolling her eyes. "bitch." she muttered to herself, riven and sky hearing her making them quietly chuckle.

"now that i'm back, i'll be taking over ranged combat, the primary method of taking down scrapers." silva spoke, walking towards the line of students and standing near the end. "let's see what you got."

faye pulled up her bow and arrow, letting out a sigh.

"it's like he never fucking left." sky muttered to faye and riven, letting his arrow go and hit the barrier.

"come on, man. aren't we over this anti-silva shit?" riven asked, glancing at his best friend, then letting off another arrow.

faye rolled her eyes, grabbing another arrow to shoot.

"he acts like he has the moral high ground. hypocrite." sky said to riven, getting quite annoyed.

"sky, can you stop being so pissy? he did it to protect you, your dad's a prick." faye told the boy harshly. "what? do you prefer andreas?"

"at least andreas is who he is, faye." sky muttered to her, firing more arrows.

"yes, and who he is is a massive prick." riven added. "he almost took my arm off in sparring yesterday."

"i wonder if it's because beatrix is gone." sky wondered. "i heard rosalind sent her on a mission but when i tried to ask him about it he pretty much told me to fuck off, so..."

"well it wouldn't hurt to mind your own business for once, would it?" faye argued.

"hey you don't know anything to do you, riven?" sky asked, there was a certain tone of voice he used that faye couldn't understand.

"she's not my problem anymore. that nightmare is over." riven replied.

faye looked at her boyfriend a weird look on her face. "why would you know something anyway?"

"maybe because when you broke up him, beatrix and dane were basically attached at the hip." sky told her, his face smug.

faye took in a deep breath and just ignored him, he was being a total dick maybe faye was too but she didn't see an issue in putting him in his place. she continued firing her homing arrows, hitting each target.

"combat won't be as easy as hitting a single target." silva said, walking behind the students. "the blood witches and the scrapers will attack together."

"mind fairies can protect specialists from blood witch magic." rosalind stated, walking over to the group of mind fairies sitting on a bench. "musa." the older woman stood over the girl.

"can i just watch?" musa asked. "my magic hasn't been very helpful recently."

"you're the strongest mind fairy in the school. your magic is limited only by your will. focus."

...

the rest of training went by quickly. faye went back to her dorm with riven to 'study', until they were rudely interrupted by terra barging into the girls' room.

"faye should my hair be up or-" terra didn't finish before she let out a yell, quickly closing the door and shouting a 'sorry'.

"terra!" faye screamed, looking at riven who was trying not to laugh.

she sent the boy a look and he shrugged his shoulders. "i don't know what you expect when you literally have seven other girls living in this dorm." he chuckled, pulling faye closer to him. "my dorm is a perfect option."

"yeah the dorm where sky also lives, and who is also like my brother, good thinking." faye rolled her eyes with a laugh. "for a pretty face you really aren't that smart."

"oh yeah?" the boy hummed. "i'll show you what else this 'pretty face' does."

faye let out a squeal when riven's body moved between her legs, his lips then slowly kissing down her body.

"faye!" she heard one of the girls shout.

"they must be taking the piss." faye huffed.

"faye!" another shout.

"oh my, god. i'm gonna kill them all." faye muttered, moving away from riven and quickly putting on a robe.

she stormed out of her room, slamming the door behind her. "what? huh? what could possibly be more important than me trying to spend time with my hot boyfriend." she slightly yelled, her hand on her hips.

"pub?" terra asked with a smile.

"seriously?" she asked. "you had to ask? obviously the answer is yes."