𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

the girls continued to prepare the living room, aisha handed musa the rock thing? faye had no idea what it was called.

"not looking a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but..." musa sighed. "how dangerous do you expect this little exercise to be?" she asked.

"i'm not gonna sugar coat this." aisha began. "we're mainlining raw magic here, so, yeah, it's risky, but... i have faith in us. let's do this."

faye had sat in between stella and flora, moving the small pillow underneath her to get more comfortable.

terra sat herself down on a pillow a large rock in her hand. "oh! fair warning. i am trying something new. bit of mineral magic, so no judgment." she waved her hand around the rock. "all right. now, let's do this."

musa held on tightly to the crystal in her hands, one by one the girls started activating their powers. faye covered her hands in her blue whirls, her fingers moving slowly to keep the magic calm. musa looked at her best friend and faye scrunched her nose at her.

"alright everyone. now pull it in." aisha spoke calmly.

the girls pulled their magic into small little orbs, each of their magic being a different colour.

"okay, musa." aisha spoke again. "open yourself up to magic, like normal." she paused for a moment. "the rest of us, open yourself up to musa."

they all closed their eyes. faye still keeping her magic under good control. there was silence before musa spoke. "should i be feeling something?" she asked.

faye slightly opened her eyes.

"yeah." aisha said her eyes still closed but her face confused.

faye and bloom glanced at each other in worry.

"is everyone focusing?" aisha added on.

"mh!" terra hummed, along with flora and faye.

"try again." aisha said to the girls.

all the girls closed their eyes once more, but after a few moments, musa spoke. "nope. still nothing."

"i think, maybe, we don't have quite enough power." aisha sighed.

bloom and faye looked at each other again, both knowing they were probably the strongest fairies at alfea.

"wait. the dragon's flame." bloom spoke. "and faye still doesn't have all her magic."

"yes i do?" faye questioned.

"no, you don't." bloom shook her head. "rosalind said you have a strong line of ancestors, meaning you still have more magic to tap into, and your ancestors were like powerful."

"and roslalind didn't think to tell me this herself?" faye scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"let's just try it." aisha quickly spoke.

"are you sure? about the dragon's flame though?" bloom asked.

"only if you can control it." aisha smiled at her friend.

"i can control it." bloom replied confidently.

all the girls stood up, bloom cast a nervous glance at faye, who was in deep concentration.

"everybody ready?" bloom asked.

faye and the girls nodded.

"okay."

bloom activated the dragon's flame and faye tried her hardest to get deeper into her magic, her eyes squeezed shut as she concentrated on her magic.

bloom directed her magic at the crystal, the crystal absorbed the magic almost knocking musa to the ground. faye joined in a few moments after and finally the rest of the girls.

"it's working right?" aisha asked.

"something's working. i can feel my magic. it's powerful." stella replied.

"same. i've never felt like this." flora added on.

"ready? faye and i are gonna give it one more little push." bloom spoke calmly to musa.

"hang on." musa breathed out.

"musa, we're so close, we can do this." terra spoke.

"hang on." she said again.

"just concentrate, musa. i promise." aisha told the girl.

"i said stop!" musa said, dropping the crystal to the ground.

all the girls took a step back and gasped, their magic stopping.

"musa? what happened?" faye asked softly.

"it wasn't working." musa snapped, walking away from the girls.

"it was working." aisha stated.

musa grabbed her bag and left the suite.

"musa! come back, what's wrong?" faye questioned, trying to reach out to her friend, but she had already left.

all the girls looked at each other, faye noticing her friend's eyes still glowing with magic.

"why are you still holding on to your magic?" terra asked.

"i'm not." aisha replied with confusion. "bloom, are you?"

bloom shook her head, looking at faye, whose eyes were still dark, almost black. "faye, do your eyes usually turn almost black?"

"last time i checked no..." faye answered slowly.

"oh. okay." terra said as the girl's eyes slowly went back to their normal colours. "good. bit worried there. i'm gonna find musa."