𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

faye, flora and aisha slipped through some doors as everyone began to line up to go to the actual banquet, rosalind and bloom were upfront. bloom noticed the girls and had a panicked look on her face.

"let's go. the east wing is this way." aisha whispered, taking faye and flora through a door-shaped hole missing from the wall.

...

the girls arrived at one of the entrances to the east wing, they crept around the corner and watched a guard walk away. this was their opportunity. they quickly walked down the steps, faye struggling slightly because of her heels.

"you sure this is the right way?" flora asked.

"i think so." aisha replied.

"oh, jesus christ. today will be the day i die." faye muttered to herself.

the fairies walked into a tunnel and began walking down into the east wing. "if i die and one of you lives, tell my dad i broke one of his favourite swords when i was twelve." faye rambled. "but then remind him i'm dead and that he can't be mad at-"

"faye! shush!" aisha snapped.

"well, if you die, i won't tell anyone your last words to me." faye grumbled.

aisha turned on the flashlight on her phone so she could guide the girls through the east wing.

"i really do not like this." faye whispered.

"wait, didn't we already come this way?" aisha asked.

"unclear. every hallway looks the same." flora replied, wearily looking around. "terrifying."

"what if this is like a huge trap and rosalind is the only person who can-"

aisha interrupted. "faye." she warned. "shut up."

"no, stop telling me to shut up." faye answered back, shining the phone's light into aisha's face. "take that, bitch."

"stop pissing around."

aisha's phone suddenly buzzed, making flora almost jump out of her skin. "what was that?" she asked in a panic.

aisha sighed and showed faye and flora her phone, it was a text from grey saying 'can't find you anywhere. you bail or what?'.

"aww, he cares about you." faye teased.

flora nodded, slightly embarrassed at how scared she got. aisha ignored the message and turned her phone off.

"oh my god, you're not gonna respond? you're killing me." flora said with a groan.

"my life is like a pie chart. i only have so much room-" aisha began.

"no way are you comparing your life to a pie chart." faye laughed, teasing the girl.

"no, we are not doing this again." flora spoke, stopping in her tracks. "do not use your goals as an excuse. this is deeper than that."

"look, i don't like to do things i'm not good at." aisha explained. "and i'm not good at this stuff."

"then don't do them?" faye shrugged.

"no, faye. she needs to come out of her comfort zone, i'm sure faye wasn't good at being a girlfriend and yet here we are!" flora spoke, holding onto faye's shoulders.

"i've always been a good girlfriend, i'm good at everything." faye let out a laugh, nudging flora. "what stuff are you not good at anyway, aisha?" faye asked.

"i've never been with a guy." she muttered, letting out a sigh. "like, at all. ever." she added. "and i know some things just happen naturally, but what if they don't? what if i make sacrifices for something i'm gonna fail at? or worse something that's gonna end up hurting me." aisha finished and she started walking away.

"you'll never know, if you don't try, aisha." faye followed after the water fairy. "you just sometimes need to push your boundaries a little and try things you've never tried before."

"yeah, you wanna protect yourself, we totally get that." flora followed the two girls, stopping in front of aisha. "but trust me, falling for someone is not something to protect yourself from. aisha, we are designed to fall in love. our bodies release hormones when our gut bacteria is compatible. how crazy is that?" flora asked, her voice calm. "and yet we still resist. why?" she rhetorically asked. "to avoid getting hurt? to maintain some illusion of control?" flora paused for a moment, a smile forming on her face. "losing control is the best part."

"it's true." faye chimed in. "i love losing control."

"and, yes, it'll probably end. and, yes when it does, it could be the worst feeling ever." flora continued.

"also true." faye spoke again, nodding her head.

"but that's life too."

"yeah, you gotta live life on the edge." faye smiled. "don't push life away, aisha."

aisha stayed silent for a moment, but shook her head and continued walking. "i think we're here."

flora let out a sigh and followed after the girl, faye close behind.

the girls opened a wooden door and walked into some sort of room. "what the hell..." faye muttered.

flora wearily looked around the room, keeping faye as close as possible. "i don't like this one bit."

the room looked like a whole prison cell, there were small little cells blocked off with metal bars. "maybe rosalind has some weird kink." faye joked, making flora let out a snort of laughter.

"ew." aisha spoke.

faye found some switches and turned one of them on. the lights lit up the room in front of them it looked like some kind of lab.

"so this is the lab right?" faye asked, her head turning towards aisha.

"yeah, but..." aisha paused, opening the creaky gate/door in front of them.

"but what?" faye hushed.

flora sniffed the air. "can you smell something?" she asked.

faye sniffed the air also. the girl's brows furrowed. "yeah, sorta."

flora went over to a large glass bottle, she took off the lip and smelt it. "alcohol."

faye's head shot up.

"it's been sterilised, faye." flora let out a small laugh as she watched faye's face drop.

"oh."