Forsaken heart

Wednesday October 5, 2022:

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

My privet jet hovers above the Dutch borders.

We have been flying for hours for just one simple, boring meeting. A boring, jet important meeting. Our Dutch allies are about the leave us, and that is not supposed to happen. We need each other to be stronger.

I'm not talking about business I this case. Although I own a billion-dollar company.

No this is about our allies with the werewolves. I myself am a Lycan. People mistake us with werewolves all the time. But we're not. We are stronger, more powerful and we can live for hundreds of years.

The biggest different between werewolves and Lycans is that werewolves have a mate. One that the Moongoddes gave to them. Even if that person were to die, a wolf can easily mark another person and that person would become its mate.

Lycans don't have that. We have erasthai's.

An erasthai is the one who your instincts tell you, you would be most compatible with. Not just physically. No, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

You could love this person above all others. That is if you're not already in love with this person at first sight- or first scent.

This person will be your obsession. Your life. Your everything.

It feels as if the world finally makes sense.

If you know how possessive werewolves can be about their mates, that is nothing compared to how possessive a Lycan can be about his erasthai. They will kill and die for them.

When Lycans meets their erasthai a feeling, or instinct comes before love. The instinct to protect. That is your duty as a Lycan. To protect your erasthai from all harm. To give this person the best possible life. Us Lycans are selfish creatures. So that is our purpose in life. To be selfless enough to put the needs of our erashai above our own. That means even letting them go, if necessary. No matter how much it breaks a Lycan. That is what it truly means to be a good erasthai.

Werewolves can have different mates, a Lycan only has one. And ones that person is found, a Lycan will never let them go.

I have long given up all hopes of ever meeting my erasthai.

For hundreds of years, I've prepared myself of the life of loneliness.

Knowing that the sweet satisfaction of my loved one will never come.

I have seen it all die. See everything disappear.

Nothing stays the same.

yet, I do.

I am a block of human marble. Unbreakable.

The world passes me by. And the days seem to blur into each other.

Tomorrow will be the same as the day before.

I am a person with a past but no future.

I sit back in the black, leather seats of my plane, and look outside the window, to the grey sky.

Now I just need to get through this goddamn meeting. What could this tiny country possible have to offer me?