The intruder

Monday November 7, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Killian is seated at the head of the table. As is his father.

I am on Killian his right hand, and his mother is seated on his fathers' right hand.

Domenic sits next to me. While Lora sits across from me.

The rest of the family sits wherever they like.

The servants place food in front of us, and it smells heavenly.

I notice that Killian is so different around his relatives. He is stiffer and is guard is more up.

Everybody is laughing and smiling, yet he is quiet and brooding.

I truly feel bad for him and the reason he became like this. It must be awful to never truly relax around the people you are supposed to be relaxed around.

I observe the conversations and came to know the connections between people.

Killian's father, William, is the oldest of three. You have two other siblings: Anthony and Amelia.

Anthony is the middle child, and his mate is Freja. Anthony has two children, Dominic and Lora. Lora her mate is Victor. And from what I've heard they have known there were mates form when they were toddlers. And they had to wait with marking until they were both adults. They have always loved each other. Victor is quiet in comparison to Lora. He is also the only man in the room with actual brown hair and brown eyes.

Then you have the youngest child. Amelia. Amelia is a blonde woman with green eyes, with a tach of gold. She has a mate named Roman, who has blonde hair as well. He was human until he met Amelia. Amelia marked him the same day she met him. Apparently, she did so forcefully. I do not even know what that fully means, but I can guess. Killian was right, he has some powerful self-control. I was lucky. Roman did not have a choice. His gift is that he can shape shift into other animals. But he still is no match to an actual Lycan.

But they are happily married now and have two children. They got Natalya. She is just a couple months younger than Killian. Natalya has the same color hair as Killian and the same skin tone. Her brother Eduard was the one who was watching Dominic and Anthony playing chess. Eduard has a mate named Niene. She is pregnant with their first child. Niene was a normal werewolf, so for her the marking thing wasn't a shock.

To say the least, this family is... complicated.

I've tried to fallow the conversation, with no luck. They talk about matters that are beyond my knowledge.

One woman I can't get my eyes off. She sits next to Killian's father on his left hand. Natalya isn't as warm as her fellow woman. She has something cold about her. My intuition doesn't trust her for even one precent. She reeks like poison. Her soul is black.

And she keeps looking at me every once in a while. Her expression isn't curious as the rest is. No, it is just emotionless.

Dominic bends to my level as he sees who I'm looking at.

'Ah you noticed Natalya. Beautiful is she not. But don't be surprised if she doesn't talk to you.' He takes a sip from his drink.

The entire table is laughing and talking, so nobody hears our chat.

He is right. She is the most beautiful one at the table.

Her shiny hair is taken back by a clip, to show her perfectly symmetrical face.