Caged in a promise

Wednesday October 12, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

.I slowly wake up with the smell of Killian in my nose.

I stretch my arms only to realize I can't move.

Killian has his arms wrapped around me so tight as if he's afraid I will run away if he loosens his grip. Not that I can blame him. I mean I did try to free myself from him multiple times.

I look up and see that Killian is in a peaceful sleep himself.

The car hasn't moved one bit. I grab my phone out of my back pocket and see that its almost six pm.

Shit, I need to be home soon. My father must be worried sick.

The minute my body tenses Killian his eyes shoot open. He looks confused around him, and his face shows harsh features. Like he's ready to fight any danger.

His eyes land on me and a warm glow fills his eyes.

I look at my lap feeling shy, 'Guess we fell asleep.'

'Yeh,' His voice sound horse, 'I really needed that.'

'Me to.' I smile shyly.

I don't think I've ever slept so well. And even though his chest is as hard as a rock, nothing in this world can lay so comfortable.

'I need to go home,' I mumble.

Killian looks mad at this statement. He says nothing but pushes me of his lap and sits in the front seat.

What is wrong with him?

'Planning on sitting there forever or are you going to move to the front seat.' He says harshly, as he doesn't even look at me.

I move myself to the front seat and places my bag at my feet.

Killian turns on the car and starts driving. Strangely he's already familiar with my town.

After a few minutes I'm tired of his attitude and the silence so in decided to fill it. 'What did you want to talk to me about?'

'What do you mean?' He doesn't even look at me.

I feel guilty for his bad mood. I know I am the reason for it, even though I did not know what I have done. But I feel the need to make him happy.

'Well,' I look out the window, 'Earlier you said you wanted to talk to me, so what were you referring to?'

He doesn't say anything, he just keeps driving and huffs so now and then.

He stops in front of my father's house.

Well, he stalked me, so I guess it's not so weird that he knows the way to my house.

He turns off the car, and I don't try to move. Not until I get my answers and strangely, I also don't want to leave him.

I tap with my foot on the floor and keep waiting.

After a minute, I see Killian turning his body towards me and he looks annoyed, 'You never quit, do you?'

I finally stop tapping with my foot. 'No.'

I look into his eyes and see that he looks at me with an intense look, 'I needed to see you.. it was all too much.'