Stuck between worlds

Saturday November 12, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

When I get home, I change my pad and put my hair in a ponytail.

Emma is downstairs making the hot chocolate. I join her later to make some for Killian.

I take a cup and walk to his office. Do not ask me why but I just know he is in there.

Without knocking I walk in.

Killian is focused on some papers in front of him. He has his well-known frown on his face.

I put the cup in front of him.

He looks up from his pile of papers and whispers a soft thank you.

I smile and kiss the top of his head, 'You are welcome. Need anything else?'

He shakes his head and sighs out, 'No, thank you.'

I nod, 'Alright. Emma and I will be in the Living room. Just scream when you need me.' I wink and kiss him again.

That gets a tiny smile on his face as he gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

I get back to Emma as she puts our mugs on the small table next to the couch. The fireplace roars and it starts to rain outside. This is such a vibe.

I take my mug and start drinking the hot chocolate.

Emma looks at me with the same expression she had when she looked at me in the forest.

I sigh out, 'Okey, I answer every questions you have.'

She gets a grin on her face, 'Great, but don't tell me Killian can hear us?'

Well, he can. But I would never say that to her. That will only scare her.

I smile and just shake my head, 'No, he cannot.'

She squeaks out: 'Great... so how does sex feels like?'

I take another sip off my drink and think about my answer. Should I just tell her what sex in general feels like. Or how it feels with a mate?

I look down and swallow, 'It feels amazing. The connection between each other. The sensations that goes through your body. It is something so unlike and wonderful that it can barely even be explained. I think the reason why people chase sex and love so much, is because it is the only thing in the world that comes close to magic. Almost like touching the hand of God.' I answer in honesty.

Emma looks at the pillow next to her, 'It all sounds so...' She can't finish her sentence because she is close to tears.

'Why are you crying?' I ask her.

She shrugs and keeps looking down, 'I wonder if I will ever have what you and Killian have.'

I stand up and sit next to her, and take her hands in mine, 'To be honest, you are probably not going to have that.'

She looks me sad in the eyes.

'Because,' I start, 'Having a mate is so very unique. That is what creates the bond that we have. The chance of you having what we have can only exist if you have an erasthai. And that chance is so very little.' I speak in a soft and comforting tone.

I hate it when she cries. I hate it when anybody cries.

'But. I do not doubt that there is a man out there that loves you with all his heart.' I smile.