Strangers are friends you haven't met

Tuesday November 8, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

'So, do you think I'm sexy now?' Killian asks.

I lay in his arms and feel like a sweaty mess. I turn my head towards him, 'What?' I ask in a humorous voice.

'In the shower. I promised I would show you just how sexy I am.'

He still thinks about that? To be honest I don't even remember that moment fully. It feels like years ago. We came so far as a couple.

I shift my body towards him and look into his eyes, 'Never in my life, have I ever seen someone as sexy and handsome as you.'

He doesn't smile, but the shimmer in his eyes says it all.

Men do need some approval every once in a while. Most women sometimes forget that.

'I know you said you didn't want to do anything today. But my father texted me when you were in the bathroom. We need to discuss something.'

I seriously don't mind going to his parents.

Although I will be afraid that they know we had sex.

I nod, 'Of course. What do you need to discuss?'

He turns on his back and looks up, 'Someone broke into a security camera. And we have trouble tracing back who did it.'

I frown, 'Why would someone hack your security camera? And why only one?'

He looks at me, 'Those are questions I would like to know.'

I bite my lip, 'Well then we need get ready.'

'Would you like to shower?'

I smile, 'I do. I smell like sex and some more sex.'

He smirks, 'Yes you do, and how I love it.' He wraps his arms around my waist and rolls me over him, to the other side of the bed.

I giggle and step off the bed.

I walk naked towards the bathroom and turn on the shower. I was off the events of the evening.

I can't help the grin on my face. I feel so completely overjoyed. Never have I ever been so happy in my life.

I vaguely remember that there was I time where I questioned everything about us, and our relationship. It truly felt like it is us against the world. And it still does. The difference is that, now I don't believe the world is going to destroy us. We are going to destroy the world if it dares to stand in our way.

And I am strong enough to handle everything that comes my way. And that is not just because I have Killian. It is because I have confidence in my abilities.

After everything, I still feel like me. I was so afraid I was going to lose myself, for becoming the perfect partner. It could not be further from the truth. Yes, I have changed a bit. But only in the best ways. Every part about myself is heightened. And the best parts of myself are finally showing, because I know I am safe to do so.

Everything I have learnt over the years can be channeled into this. My whole life I have been preparing for this new life.

I look up and let the warm water run over my head.

I so got this!

Life bring it on! There is nothing I can't go through. 

••••••••••