Pillow thoughts

Sunday October 16, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I run into my mother's house to gather my things.

I grab a huge bag and start squashing some fresh clothes in it.

My mother walks into my room, 'Where are you going?'

I look at her, 'I'm sleeping at Anouk's house. I know it is a school night, but I'll be fine. She picks me up in the car. I'm going to school by bus.'

She smiles, 'You've never done that before.'

I smile back, 'There is a first for everything.'

'Well have fun. It is good to see you hanging out with more of your friends.'

I nod.

She is so happy, and I am just lying to her. I truly deserve to be daughter of the month.

She closes the door behind her as I grab my toiletries and MacBook and put them in the bag.

I throw the heavy thing over my shoulder and walk out the door, but not before I say goodbye to my family.

The minute I step into the elevator, I start to question everything. Is it too fast? Will he think I am available because I said yes?

What if it is all at trick? What if he isn't a real Lycan, and just wants to come in into my pants?

There is not much time to think, the elevator doors open and Killian is waiting in the hall.

He grabs my bag, 'Here let me carry it for you.'

'Thanks.' I answer.

He frowns, 'Something wrong?'

'No.' I answer as I walk towards his car.

Killian silently follows me.

He opens the car door and I step in without saying anything. I feel trapped inside my emotions and thoughts.

Killian puts my bag in de trunk and sits in the driver's seat, 'I don't know what is wrong with you. But know I'm envision different scenarios and I hate it. So please tell me.'

Can I even ask him this?

I just need to tell him.

'I want you to prove to me that you are a Lycan.' I whisper.

He looks shocked, 'Why?'

'I guess to comfort my state of mind. I need to know, so I know I'm not crazy.' I feel ashamed for even asking.

He sighs, 'I don't want you to feel scared and then run away.'

I huff, 'Trust me, me being scared should be the last of your worries.'

'So, you're not going to run away?'

I frown, 'Not when people have my best interest at heart.'

It truly wounds me that he would think that I run away from people. I don't run, I never do. Running away is for cowards. I don't ever give up for the people that I love.

He nods but doesn't say anything. I don't know if he just agreed with my request.

We stay silent and after a while he pulls up at the hotel.