Lust equals love

Sunday November 6, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I hear a beep, and that's when I look up.

A black privacy screen rises up, blocking the driver from hearing or seeing us.

I sigh out nervously.

'Esmee look at me'. Killian orders.

I look at him while biting the inside of my cheek.

'Spit the words out!'

I look innocently, 'What words?'

He comes closer, 'The words behind the thoughts that made us leave the restaurant'.

I look up at him, 'I didn't ask you to leave. We could have stayed'.

He huffs, 'And what? Having you sitting next to me like a broken doll. Doesn't sound appealing to me'.

Damn I thought I was better at hiding it.

I sigh and look up, 'I'm sorry if I ruined your meeting. It truly was not my intention'.

He closes his eyes and breathes in. His face becomes calmer. He opens his eyes and takes my hand in his. I let go of the necklace I held in my hand.

He smiles slightly, 'No harm. Tell me little love. What is on your mind?'

I truly do not want to go into the whole bathroom talk. But there are other things on my mind.

I look Killian intensely in his eye. I release the seatbelt and fly in his arms.

Oh, how I missed his warm embrace.

He seems unsure of himself for a moment, but after a second, he hugs me back.

He grabs my legs and makes me sit on his lap.

I straddle him and place my cheek against his suit.

My mind finally feels calm. Now I can think clearly again.

I sigh and close my eyes, 'Thank you for treating me right'.

I feel him stiffen.

'What makes you say that?'

I shrug, 'The way all those men treated those women. I am a controversial woman, but that... it made me truly uncomfortable. And I am happy I am not a part of it. And grateful you are the one to be in my life'.

His hold on me tightens and he places a soft kiss on my head, 'I am glad to hear that. Those women are mainly for fun. You are much more. You realize that right?'

I nod. 'I do'.

After everything that happened tonight, I still believe in his affections towards me. I know he cares for me. Every stranger can see that.

'Good'. He mumbles. After a minute I hear him chuckle.

I smile, 'What?'

He kisses my head again, 'You called me your fiancé.'

I frown. Did I? I can't recall I did.

'I vaguely remember'. I answer tensely.

I hope he didn't took it the wrong way. I know men get scared when the topic of the future comes up. And I can't have Killian jumping out of a moving car.