A place between heaven and earth

Thursday October 13 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

My footsteps feel heavy as I walk out of to school and head towards the car.

Killian steps out and the door opens upwards. Okay that is so cool.

He doesn't smile he just looks at me. Even though he wears sunglasses, I can feel his eyes burning on my body as I walk closer.

He wears a black suit once again. That makes him look so mysterious.

I stop at a proper distance, knowing that everybody in the cafeteria can see me.

I look at the car, 'Isn't it a bit too much? We're drawing a little bit too much attention for my liking.'

He tilts his head, 'Most people like attention.'

I just wrinkle my nose which makes him laugh.

My response to that is to roll my eyes and cross my arms.

He opens the other door for me, 'I take it you don't like the car?'

I observe the car.

Black... good.

low and streamlined... even better.

I smile softly, 'It's quite alright. Thank the lord it's not a Lamborghini.'

Killian frowns, 'You don't like Lamborghini's?' It almost comes out like a laugh.

I look away with a laugh on my face, 'Yeh, I mean Lamborghini's are overrated. One's someone is rich it's immediately a Lamborghini. I like the things that are more unique. Not what's expected.'

Wow good one. Make him think you're a spoiled brat.

Killian doesn't seem offended and just grins, 'Right about that love. Now get in the car.'

I smile and walk towards him, while I can feel hundreds of eyes studding my every move. 'Yes sir.'

I grin as he just looks at me with dark eyes. Okay maybe I shouldn't have said that.

I look up one more time and meet eyes with Emma, as she looks at me in shock. Everybody looks shocked.

Deep down I'm proud.

I've never been much of a show-off. But standing next to this man makes me want to brag.

I slide into the car. The seat has already been placed to the front so my feet can reach everything. He truly thought of everything.

It makes me smile.

Killian slides into the car and It's a wonder that he fits into the car. He's so big.

Suddenly he puts his feet on the paddle, and we soot back.

Help. This man drives like a maniac!

I grab the glass and his shoulder to steady myself.

He makes a smooth curve and drives up the highway.

He looks at my stiff posture and laughs.

I look at him angry, 'You play with death.'

He makes another smooth curve and shoots between lines. 'Maybe that's how I like it little dove.' He growls.